WolverineFW wrote:
Your deposit should be at least double your replacement cost or some jerk off will just keep it.
Seen this happening lately on other forums for other vehicles for loaner ECMs or TCMs. Some jerk keeps the loaner because the deposit is too low and they just see it as a cost of acquiring their own.
Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Ya I agree. Heck a pelican case is about the cost of an older laptop. The cloned tool is fairly cheap as well, so the total cost for all this with double deposit could steel be good.
casm wrote:
Here's the problem that I see with this, and I say this as someone who would *love* to have it as an option:
You'd need to be able to do it for less than a dealer's time to do the same with a DRB-III that they already have.
I realise that this won't apply to everyone, but we have four dealers within 30 minutes of our home who have DRB-IIIs. Their charge to make any changes that require one: an hour of shop time. That translates out to approximately $120 on average in our neck of the woods.
A DRB-III emulator might be a possibility, but I'm not sure that the cost to make that could ever be recouped. Having said that, it would help in the (very) long term with ensuring that these vehicles can be kept running.
Ya I wasn't really planning to do this as a money making venture. But heck at $120 per use you got me thinking about it. $XXX and you can do whatever you need at your leisure and its delivered right to your door!
Some dealers also don't have a DRBIII anymore, or the vehicle needs an ECU replacement which means it needs to be towed. Or even you need to do some advanced troubleshooting and the DRBIII or witech is just the ticket for it.
_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can
DO with your Jeep, its about where you can
GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic