| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| P1189 after timing belt change, even without engine running http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=90807 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Gsreiswig [ Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | P1189 after timing belt change, even without engine running |
Hi, all, It’s been awhile. Not sure what happened to my old account, but I had to re-register. I just finished my third timing belt change on my CRD. Vehicle runs well. But...I am throwing a P1189 code even before the engine turns over. I’ve checked the connector at the side of the air box, and even sprayed them with contact cleaner, then made sure it was seated fully. No help. Is there any info on how to check the sensor (unlikely to have failed mysteriously while I was working on the timing belt) or the wiring harness? Or is it just that my Harbor Fright reader is reading the wrong code? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Happy Holidays! George Reiswig 2005 Liberty CRD 200,000+ miles |
|
| Author: | Mountainman [ Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: P1189 after timing belt change, even without engine runn |
I've seen that connector need to be extra tight. You cant run a tiny zip tie inbetween the wires and around the sensor to test if it wants to be pushed in a little further. Might end up trimming some of the overly tight seal or something similar. Probably didnt just go bad. Or it's a bad wire |
|
| Author: | Gsreiswig [ Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:56 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: P1189 after timing belt change, even without engine runn |
I can certainly try all that, and likely will. I guess I'd like to know if anyone knows what volt or ohm readings I should be getting for the leads to it? Or across the sensor itself? Otherwise I'm just pulling apart the loom and looking for obvious wire problems. |
|
| Author: | Mountainman [ Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: P1189 after timing belt change, even without engine runn |
Gsreiswig wrote: I can certainly try all that, and likely will. I guess I'd like to know if anyone knows what volt or ohm readings I should be getting for the leads to it? Or across the sensor itself? Otherwise I'm just pulling apart the loom and looking for obvious wire problems. I don't, as I've never seen one fail. You can find them on European Ebay sites for cheap used. Just need to use the numbers on the sensor itself, it's used on a lot of different vehicles. Dont get robbed by Chrysler... The wires like to fail where they go in to the connector, and no visual indication. They ohm out well also, so giving them a new position and then trying to start can track down a bad wire. But I've always seen that particular sensor as just a matter of not being seated deep enough |
|
| Author: | Gsreiswig [ Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: P1189 after timing belt change, even without engine runn |
Thank you sincerely for the advice. |
|
| Author: | WWDiesel [ Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: P1189 after timing belt change, even without engine runn |
FYI: IAP sensor - 05101120AB (pressure sensor on side of airbox) air inlet air pressure comparator pressure sensor on the side of the air box; referred to as the Mercedes sensor Bosch part number for this is 0261230189. And it is also known by Mercedes OEM Code: A0051535028 Autozone PN: 0261230189 |
|
| Author: | Gsreiswig [ Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: P1189 after timing belt change, even without engine runn |
Found it: one of the three leads to that sensor was broken inside the insulation back where it Y’s with the harness. A good splice and everything’s is happy. Almost...but replacing the water pump didn’t fix the coolant leak I’d hoped it would. Gotta track that down now. Happy New Year, all! |
|
| Author: | TKB4 [ Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: P1189 after timing belt change, even without engine runn |
Glad to hear you found the problem. The problem with your account happened to me too. I joined in 2010 and made several posts but didn't log in for maybe a year and then no record of me. the administrator or IT guy who was a member ? Dan said he found some of my old posts after I gave him some info but I had to re register too. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|