LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

another glow plu thread
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=91817
Page 1 of 1

Author:  cumminspilot [ Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:13 pm ]
Post subject:  another glow plu thread

I apologize in advance for bothering you all with this but I have not checked in here as often as I should.

I need someone to check my thought process please.

Wife's 2006 auto with GDE mild tune from several years ago. Located in so cal so not much need for glow plugs.

Cel is on with codes for 2ea bad glow plugs. When my mechanic tried to source glow plugs he found the tsb and all that it entails.

From what I understand 5v from bosch and 7v from etcno are available. According to factory recommendations to run the 5v I need to replace the glow plug module and reprogram the ecm (losing the tune). Or I can run the 7v and not flash the ecm however feedback that I have found on the 7v glow plugs is that they do not start well when cold and are prone to failure. On the other hand I have found people recommending the 5v without any other modifications.

My main goal at this time is to get the cel turned off so I can smog test for registration. My initial reaction is to use the bosch 5v with no other changes. Will this solve my cel and should I change the glow plug harness at the same time or is it necessary?

Can someone recommend a vendor that supports this site for this purchase?

Thank you for your time.

Bubba

Author:  rankom [ Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: another glow plu thread

I don't know why ID PARTS still sells 7v e-technos anymore, I have an arsenal of different batches of them which failed. go with 5v BOSCH and don't look back...

Author:  rankom [ Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: another glow plu thread

if you chose to stay with 7v glow plugs from ID PARTS techno's latest version never fails its a dummy plug that doesn't heat up to the temperature.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/