It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:10 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:41 pm
Posts: 714
Location: Utah "Logan"
I want to some pics of the tent on top Respectmylibertay.

_________________
2005 CRD , Moab Rims, 245/75/16 Goodyear M/T
RL rear bumper, TMJ Front bumper, Frankenlinft,
*TOTALED*

1985 Mitsubishi Pickup SP 2.3 Turbo Diesel Watercooled turbo,4D56 ported head,
12" Suspension Lift with JK Rubicon axles, Elockers, 5.13's, Fox coilovers, Atlas 5.0, Rock Lizard supersliders

1996 Lexus LX450 -locked and lifted-


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:41 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:08 pm
Posts: 349
Just be carefull with the plastic roof rail mounting points. I don't think they can handle that much on the road.

_________________
2006 Liberty Renegade
Daystar 1.5, 2.5 Lift
Mickey Thompson MTX 225/75 16
Surco Roof Rack
Surco Spare Tire Bike Rack
Garmin Map 76 GPS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:57 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:11 am
Posts: 824
Location: Castle Rock, Colorado
I never had more than 300 pounds up there, and I always spread all the cargo out evenly. I want to be able to carry 500, since that's what the rack is rated for, but we need someone to fab :twisted: steel roof-top hardware for serious rack mounting points. I've already seen one take on the idea, but it wasn't very long. I'd really dig something that ran the length of the roof-top so as to accomodate my oversize Garvin.

_________________
2003 Limited, Silver - L.O.S.T. # 068957 Rockies
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2127390/14
2006 Kawasaki KLR650


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:05 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:50 am
Posts: 802
Location: 15 acres of goodness in Fleetville, PA
Here's some pics of something inbetween. Not as huge as Respect's but big enough for a LOT of stuff...

Image

lots of pics of the thing on my site...

http://jeep.allgris.com

Respect, conder what I did to mount it...

Image

I made 1/4 steel plates drilled and cut to fit into the same nutzerts that the stock rails bolted to. Then I welded 1/2 blackpipe to the plates.

The rack itself is made of 3/4 electrical conduit. I welded 4 "sleeves" onto the rack. The 1/2 black pipe just fits inside the 3/4 stuff I made the rack out of and holds it nice and snug.

I welded the 1/2 blackpipe to the plates with a very slight angle on one of the plates. When I looses one of the mounting plates, it lets the angle piece sit straight up and the rack just slides right off. when you tighten that plate down, it forces the 1/2" to wedge against the sleeve so tightly the rack can't move.

I drilled some small 1/8" holes straight through the sleeve and post to hold a cotter pin. The pins hold no weight, just there for safety.

I can take it off or put it on in less than 5 minutes by myself. total weight is about 30 lbs.

so far, the most weight I ever had up there was about 20 2x4s in the bottom and 10 sheets of plywood on top. What's that? maybe 200lb? not sure.

That was moving.

It actually held a lot more than that a few times. I cut a sheet of plywood to drop in. Wife and I sit up there when we go to the drive in.

_________________
-oooooo- ---Craig, L.O.S.T. #CT068103
/______\ ---http://jeep.allgris.com
O||||||||O ---'02 Sport 4x4, 5-spd,
[]--------[] ---2.5" BDS lift, 245/75/16 MT/Rs, Moab Rims, Locked and Regeared!
[]_____[] ---The list got to long, go to my web site for more!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:12 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 501
Those Moab rims just look so frickin good on Liberties. I just wish I could decide what tire I want on my rims

_________________
2003 Jeep Liberty Freedom Edition
3.7L 5-spd 4x4, Rusty's 2.5 in. coil lift
General Grabbers AT2's 245/75-16E on MOABS
EVIC installed, iPod wired, Hella 500's and Grilles
Mopar Bike Rack, Mopar Roof Rack, Black Widow Roof Basket w/ air deflector
Draw-Tite Hitch, Front Tint, Debadged on sides and front


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:57 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:08 pm
Posts: 1645
Location: St Charles IL
csukoh78 wrote:
riptricket wrote:
is the black widow pretty stout? or does it feel as if it is a little bit flimsy?


The thing is really solid. I just carried over 100 lbs of firewood up there, a tent, a tool box, folding chairs and a small cooler no problem. We were shaking them up really good at Mammoth Cave. Its light too, only 25lbs


I'll second the black widow.
All this junk (Cooler, 4 folding chairs, 2 air mattresses, 3 big tarps, 2 tents, 4 sleeping bags, 2 foam sleeping rolls, 1 bag of clothes, Collapsible camp grill, bag of misc camping stuff) + a hi lift mounted on the side, lived on the roof for a 2400 mile trip I made last week.
Image

packed...
Image

_________________
2008 Xterra 4x4

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Gone, But not Forgotten...
2003 Sport - 'Fire Engine' Red
Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
245/75/16 Wrangler Duratracs's on Cragar Soft 8’s
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com