| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Finally Lifted!! 56K beware... http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12031 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Gordo [ Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:05 am ] |
| Post subject: | Finally Lifted!! 56K beware... |
A couple weeks ago I installed a Rusty's 2.5" coil lift. A huge thanks goes out to krazz1e!! I thought I would post some pics I took in my driveway last week after a Utah LOST Rockies trail run. I know, I know. I am planning on getting some new tires in October when my registration is due. EDIT: New pics added tonight with a bit of flex. Thanks for looking!
|
|
| Author: | raceinfan [ Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:13 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
looks great with the exception of the tires,that's probably the route I'm going with a lift |
|
| Author: | Liberator84 [ Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:17 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Looks good!! You are going to love it even more then you do right now once you get the new tires. You will be able to go anywhere! ( Well almost LOL) |
|
| Author: | Sport [ Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:52 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
wow, even your spare tire is worn out. lookin good! Want to buy some rims?? |
|
| Author: | Gordo [ Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:42 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yeah my spare is worn because I got a flat in my front pass. side tire (ran over a screw) a while back. I did a quick swap of tires, then had the flat on the spare repaired and just never changed back. As for the rims - what do you have to offer? |
|
| Author: | Sport [ Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Gordo wrote: Yeah my spare is worn because I got a flat in my front pass. side tire (ran over a screw) a while back. I did a quick swap of tires, then had the flat on the spare repaired and just never changed back.
As for the rims - what do you have to offer? Make me an offer with or without tires. PM me and we can work something out.
|
|
| Author: | Gordo [ Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
My only problem is that you are in Tampa. Shipping will be at least $20 a wheel - probably more. If I offered you $10 a wheel, it still is going to cost me $150 for five of them, and then you aren't getting any value out of it. I want new wheels for sure, but I think I'm going to hold out for bit in the hopes that I can find something close by so I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for shipping. I'll keep you posted though. |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:59 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Gordo wrote: My only problem is that you are in Tampa. Shipping will be at least $20 a wheel - probably more. If I offered you $10 a wheel, it still is going to cost me $150 for five of them, and then you aren't getting any value out of it.
I want new wheels for sure, but I think I'm going to hold out for bit in the hopes that I can find something close by so I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for shipping. I'll keep you posted though. If you buy anything like that from the internet, shipping will be alot. I paid $80 to get my tires from tirerack.com. |
|
| Author: | hallb4 [ Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thats the lift I have my eye on. How did the install go? Anything I should know before laying down the cash? |
|
| Author: | Gordo [ Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
The install was pretty easy to do - but I would have the strut assembled at a shop. It should cost about $20 per strut assembly or so. Expect about a 3-4 hour install time (not including the time at the shop). I would not recommend doing it alone. A trick that has been posted here a few times before is to use a ratchet strap to help you align the clevis bracket. It took us about 5 minutes per strut to align the clevis using this technique. The back was pretty easy and took us about 30 minutes each side. You should not need a spring compressor for this if you do it right. Before I started I knew nothing about suspensions, but with the help of krazz1e from LOST, I learned a lot and I feel fully confident doing another lift. Just jump in and get your hands dirty and you should do just fine. Many people will agree that this is the best lift for the money here, and I think that I agree. Good luck to you! |
|
| Author: | Video Guy [ Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Gordo wrote: Many people will agree that this is the best lift for the money here, and I think that I agree.
Looks nice. I'm considering a lift for my '03 Sport, and the Rusty's coil lift is on my short list. What rear shocks are you using? T.J. |
|
| Author: | Gordo [ Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Video Guy wrote: Looks nice. I'm considering a lift for my '03 Sport, and the Rusty's coil lift is on my short list. What rear shocks are you using?
T.J. Thanks - I still need tires at least. But, still an improvement over stock. I am using the Rusty's rear shocks that he sells with the kit. I know people recommend 'upgrading' to the Ranchos, but I think I am ok with the Rusty's. They do knock a little bit on occasion, but it's not that bad. Just be sure that if you stick with Rusty's that you use some washers so when you tighten her down you don't bend up the shock mounts. I really like the ride and the lift is great quality. I would reccommend it for sure. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|