| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Installed the Daystar on the CRD, much better http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12290 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | TDI4BY [ Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Installed the Daystar on the CRD, much better |
I will post before and after measurements later
|
|
| Author: | TDI4BY [ Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
The funny thing is, my tires rub the pinch weld now but they didn't before. I understand it's Just the nature of the lift but it still sucks. |
|
| Author: | BCool [ Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Did you do the install yourself? If so was it difficult? |
|
| Author: | TDI4BY [ Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:42 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
The difficult part was drinking my Latte while the guy at the tire shop used his wall mounted strut compresser on the front strut assemblies. |
|
| Author: | kolesy [ Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:36 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
TDI4BY wrote: The difficult part was drinking my Latte while the guy at the tire shop used his wall mounted strut compresser on the front strut assemblies.
Just it a COFFEE man!!! |
|
| Author: | dog_party [ Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
There's no such thing as "coffee" in Washington anymore. Looks really good. Doesn't it feel refreshing to be sitting up higher. |
|
| Author: | TDI4BY [ Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:24 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yes it does, Oh and I killed my huge avatar. Sorry I was just excited to be lifted. |
|
| Author: | Video Guy [ Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
TDI4BY wrote: The difficult part was drinking my Latte while the guy at the tire shop used his wall mounted strut compresser on the front strut assemblies.
But seriously, folks, how many labor hours did they charge? (Just trying to see if I can budget a professional installation.) |
|
| Author: | dog_party [ Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:09 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
That's a really good question Video Guy. We had a lift party to put mine on, but I'm sure a lot of people would like to know what the going rate is for putting a (relatively simple) Daystar lift on. I'd guess, if the place has done a lot of lifts and knows what they're doing, a good shop could crank a Daystar lift out in two or three hours. |
|
| Author: | alljeep [ Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Video Guy wrote: TDI4BY wrote: The difficult part was drinking my Latte while the guy at the tire shop used his wall mounted strut compresser on the front strut assemblies. But seriously, folks, how many labor hours did they charge? (Just trying to see if I can budget a professional installation.) I'll shoot you the price for mine when I get home. There is a professional 4x4 shop here in Indy on Gasoline Alley Rd. near the Indianapolis Motor Speedway - known area wide as the best of the best. I'm sure it could be done for a little cheaper - but I wanted a professional that had Jeep Liberty experience working on it, not a newbie. Expecially since they have to remove the air-box and battery to gain access to the strut assembly bolts... *** update *** It was Pete at "Trucks In Action" that installed my lift. I'm pretty sure mine was about $240 for the install and laser alignment. Here is their website: http://www.trucksinaction4x4.com/ |
|
| Author: | Video Guy [ Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
alljeep wrote: It was Pete at "Trucks In Action" that installed my lift. I'm pretty sure mine was about $240 for the install and laser alignment. Here is their website:
http://www.trucksinaction4x4.com/ Not much cheaper than Kahlo Jeep in Noblesville. The guy I talked to quoted me 3 hours @ $90/hour = $270 for the cheapest Skyjacker lift. I don't know. I have a problem paying more for the labor than the lift itself. |
|
| Author: | alljeep [ Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:36 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Video Guy wrote: alljeep wrote: It was Pete at "Trucks In Action" that installed my lift. I'm pretty sure mine was about $240 for the install and laser alignment. Here is their website: http://www.trucksinaction4x4.com/ Not much cheaper than Kahlo Jeep in Noblesville. The guy I talked to quoted me 3 hours @ $90/hour = $270 for the cheapest Skyjacker lift. I don't know. I have a problem paying more for the labor than the lift itself. I would not pay that for a dealer to do it, or just any local shop to do it. But a specialist is well worth it for me. With my CRD, I have a ton of vacuum lines, intercooler hoses, wires, ect that I wanted to remain undisturbed. The shop I used works on all rigs, including the large diesel trucks. You can get your lift kit and go to one of the lift parties that happen every once in awhile. I know the main guys in the Midwest section have gotten good at it and that's a very good option. When I first got mine lifted, the Midwest section was in its fledgling stages and not organized yet. I think for gassers, the Rustys coil lift can't be beat... |
|
| Author: | dog_party [ Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:41 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
alljeep wrote: With my CRD, I have a ton of vacuum lines, intercooler hoses, wires, ect that I wanted to remain undisturbed.
Amen brother! The battery side was easy, thanks to the small hands of my friend Richard (what were they thinking when they positioned that last battery tray screw???). But when we put the airbox side back together it was like a puzzle! Worked great for a while, but halfway home my turbo stopped working. Pinched vacuum line. It's a pain, but I'd probably still get a lift party together again for the reason that Video Guy lists. I have a problem paying more for the install than the lift too. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|