LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Some new Photos....
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18382
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Boostedxt [ Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Some new Photos....

Well....I was off goofing off and found this rock. My buddy in his fully built Wrangler got up on it then he challenged the liberty saying it couldnt make it. Well it did...so I snapped some photos.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Havent posted a photo in a while...so there you go..:)

Joe

Author:  Jeepjeepster [ Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

Sweet looking libby! :D

A girl I know on campus has a libby just like that(minus all the cool stuff) She even has those rails on the sides. What is the point of those? Are they rocker rails or just for looks? I know they are Mopar. :?

Author:  Video Guy [ Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

Jeepjeepster wrote:
What is the point of those? Are they rocker rails or just for looks? I know they are Mopar. :?

From what I see in the last (bottom) picture, the rails are too high up the side of the KJ to protect the bottom part of the rocker panel. I'm sure those rails can offer side impact protection, but don't you get more impacts from underneath?

I'd really love a good combination rock/step rail, but I don't see how we can have both be functional at the same time. Some tube-type step rails extend down far enough for the vehicle to rest on them, but can they handle the weight? And don't they reduce your ground clearance? I see too many KJs with the step rails, and they rails look like they're only 5" off the ground.

Author:  dgeist [ Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

Video Guy wrote:
I'd really love a good combination rock/step rail, but I don't see how we can have both be functional at the same time. Some tube-type step rails extend down far enough for the vehicle to rest on them, but can they handle the weight? And don't they reduce your ground clearance? I see too many KJs with the step rails, and they rails look like they're only 5" off the ground.


You mean something like this:
Image
http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/jeep_liberty.htm
put a little abrasive tape on the top edge and kids and "acrobatics-challanged" adult would have a nice place to prop themselves.[/url]

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/