LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

My CRD's New Interior
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21943
Page 1 of 1

Author:  BKH [ Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:33 pm ]
Post subject:  My CRD's New Interior

We got sick of the stupid OEM cloth that would stain if even WATER spilled on it. It had gotten to the point where it looked every seat had been occupied by someone with a bladder control issue. I was surprised how both cloth and leather were about the same price. I hate seat covers, as they always move around, bind up, etc... so decided to try an upholsterer recommended by an auto-broker buddy of mine. The photo doesn't show it, but the blue is a perfect match to the CRD's paint.

As a side note - I had to get the Sirius tuner replaced this past week. The dealer was a bit floored when he opened the door of this dirt and mud-covered Jeep only to find this:

Image

Author:  gone_jeepin [ Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

That looks real nice!!!! If you don't mind me asking what was the price for all the seats?

Author:  BKH [ Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

Don't mind at all - $775 plus tax. He gave me a discount because I was referred by our mutual auto-broker friend. I think it would've been about $100 higher without the friends & family discount. It looks incredible when the outside is clean, as the matching interior & exterior blue really stands out. I often end up carrying work folks around during the week, so the stained cloth that would never come clean was getting embarrassing. The dealer performed some TSB that basically was no more than giving the cloth a water-only sponge bath. Did nothing... I clearly wasn't the only one who'd had this problem. My old Cherokee's cloth seats still looked almost new at 200K miles!

Author:  Jeger [ Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

Awesome, looks like they do good work. I wonder if they can match jeep green?

Author:  SnowgodCCR [ Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hot darn! When I get my new car I'm going to get the interior done, but after seeing that and the price, I may have to do it on my current Rubicon and add some trade-in dollars to it :shock: .
Beautiful interior...just stunning.

Author:  mikekj_cda [ Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

that's very nice...you can almost see a line of exterior with the rear passenger door. Does look like a close match, should get some pics up from the outside.

Author:  mapco [ Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

That looks really good. High quality..

Author:  _UnLiMiTeD_ [ Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

do you have any more pics of that interior, i would love to see some more.

Author:  raceinfan [ Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

that is just awesome

Author:  snow blower [ Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:43 pm ]
Post subject: 

looks good... if i ever end up doing mine they'll be wetsuit neoprene material :D

Author:  spencevans [ Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:59 am ]
Post subject: 

Is it just me or do I see front seats with adjustable headrests? I thought they did away with those on the 05 kj. My CRD has the one piece front seats.

Author:  bugnout [ Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:45 am ]
Post subject: 

The Sport came with high back buckets, the Limited came with the detachable headrests.

Author:  sandracer [ Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

Looking goog BKH!!!

The main reason we went with a Limited was to get the leather interior. Our little dog, my Baja Buddy, would leave fur all over the place. I swear his fur has barbs because you couldn't just vacuum it out. The leather is working out much better than the fabric upholstery in our last rig.

Author:  dgeist [ Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

sandracer wrote:

The main reason we went with a Limited was to get the leather interior. Our little dog, my Baja Buddy, would leave fur all over the place. I swear his fur has barbs because you couldn't just vacuum it out. The leather is working out much better than the fabric upholstery in our last rig.


Same thing. I was vindicated when the son of a friend squished a banana into the back seat the second day I had mine and it wiped off with a sponge. that and the heated seats were key :)

Author:  CD [ Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My CRD's New Interior

[quote="BKH"]We got sick of the stupid OEM cloth that would stain if even WATER spilled on it. It had gotten to the point where it looked every seat had been occupied by someone with a bladder control issue. quote]

Looks great BKH,

I've got to agree with you there. Can't believe that water stains the seat covers, how stupid were the R&D team with that :roll:

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/