LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Line-X IS HERE!!!!!
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29884
Page 1 of 3

Author:  riptricket [ Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:12 am ]
Post subject:  Line-X IS HERE!!!!!

I just dropped my RL rear bumper off to get Line-X'ed this morning...
he said it would be ready by about 2, just when I am done with class!
Will post pics at that time!

Author:  03CDKJ [ Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

Nice, I'm getting my Renegade lightbar line-xed on wed....
Is that the only thing you are getting line-xed?

Author:  dloc_jeep_KJ [ Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

post pics!!!! i like the looks of LineX more compared to the other similar products

Author:  riptricket [ Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

the sandblaster is down so i will be getting my bumper tomorrow

Author:  03CDKJ [ Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

Well I dropped off the Renegade light bar at Line-X today.....
I don't know about all the other Line-X dealers but the one I go to is AWESOME... They even remembered my name...
$90 out the door.... and that's with UV protection.



riptricket Did you get your bumper back?

Author:  riptricket [ Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:22 am ]
Post subject: 

no, their truck broke down... i didn't get UV protection.... is that bad?

Author:  03CDKJ [ Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:43 am ]
Post subject: 

riptricket wrote:
no, their truck broke down... i didn't get UV protection.... is that bad?


The Line-X shop should have on display what it looks like with and without the U.V stuff...

They had a truck there that was lined 3 yrs ago w/ the UV protection and it looked like it was sprayed yestereday.....

My shop usually throws that in for free.... But i've been there a few times...

Author:  riptricket [ Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:55 am ]
Post subject: 

crap

Author:  03CDKJ [ Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:28 am ]
Post subject: 

yeah sorry this is a post pics thread.. 8)

This pic is Right after a wash

Image

These are 1 year later, but not "Just Washed"..
It's still shiny in the sun after a wash....


Image
Image

Author:  tommudd [ Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:39 am ]
Post subject: 

His (Chris's ) still looks great I was surprised how good it looked knowing how long it had been on there!

Author:  03CDKJ [ Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:45 am ]
Post subject: 

tommudd wrote:
His (Chris's ) still looks great I was surprised how good it looked knowing how long it had been on there!


:shock: Yeah and when tom saw it, it had 1/16" of salt on it :roll:
Freaking Ohio and their salt trucks....

Might as well put a few Recent ones At a wash :twisted:
Image
Image

Author:  Maximum Carnage [ Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:21 am ]
Post subject: 

Nice vehicle.
With the Minnesota salt I might have to do this.
Did you paint your wheels?

Author:  riptricket [ Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:32 am ]
Post subject: 

so i'm probably going to be okay, since i don't have the UV?

Author:  jsc7002 [ Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

riptricket wrote:
so i'm probably going to be okay, since i don't have the UV?


the UV just keeps it from fading from the sunlight, so in a couple years you might start to notice that it has faded a little

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

jsc7002 wrote:
riptricket wrote:
so i'm probably going to be okay, since i don't have the UV?


the UV just keeps it from fading from the sunlight, so in a couple years you might start to notice that it has faded a little
if it sits outside all the time make that a couple of months before it starts to fade,black is the fastest fading color.That was one of the biggest complaints over Rhino lining and Line-X was they faded fast,hence the addition to UV protection.

Author:  jerbacher [ Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

tjkj2002 wrote:
jsc7002 wrote:
riptricket wrote:
so i'm probably going to be okay, since i don't have the UV?


the UV just keeps it from fading from the sunlight, so in a couple years you might start to notice that it has faded a little
if it sits outside all the time make that a couple of months before it starts to fade,black is the fastest fading color.That was one of the biggest complaints over Rhino lining and Line-X was they faded fast,hence the addition to UV protection.


I'm looking at doing something like this in the future, but I was going to use DupliColor rattle can bedliner. I did my rock rails with this and I like the texture. I can save cost that way over Line-X too. So, my question is about the UV protection. Is there a UV protecting clear coat that I should spray over the Dupli Color? I know that Line-X would be better quality and all, but I'm just wondering what my options are.

Author:  Maximum Carnage [ Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Your vehicle

Cdiekhans, how much did the Line-X set you back?

Author:  03CDKJ [ Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

Maximum Carnage wrote:
Nice vehicle.
With the Minnesota salt I might have to do this.
Did you paint your wheels?


Thanks
Yes I painted the wheels....

Author:  03CDKJ [ Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your vehicle

Maximum Carnage wrote:
Cdiekhans, how much did the Line-X set you back?


So far. around 700.... give or take..... My rock rails were all ready coated with rhino lining when I bought them from a member... I got the roof rails done for free... everytime I go back, the prices get cheaper... My front bumper With stinger should be around 200 flat... And that is cheap.. with all of the anlges and creases...... they account for that when pricing because they have to spray more to get an even coat over the angles and creases.

My rock rails are Rhino linined.. the line X guy said that they could peel that crap off and spray some real stuff for next to nothing... Just to have it match.. I think they are big on WORD OF MOUTH from their customers.....

So, when I'm done with the bumper, all together around 1000... But I'll Probably do the back gate and the interior in the future.....

Cheers
Chris

Author:  tommudd [ Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

the back gate ???? really? never thought of that :?

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/