LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Trimmed the front (yes, another one)
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30471
Page 1 of 1

Author:  durangotang [ Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Trimmed the front (yes, another one)

So I jumped on the bandwagon and trimmed the front bumper. It was super easy... I did do a write-up on it that you guys should check out and let me know if I missed anything. http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30470

So here's the before and after...
BEFORE
Image

AFTER
Image
BTW: those are just the bottoms of the inner fenders you can see poking down there... they are going bye bye tomorrow along with some other stuff

This will hold me over until I give the bumper the BIG HACK for the new fenders :twisted:

Author:  isutherl [ Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

is part of the inner lining still there, it looks like you did not cut off all of it?

Author:  Jeep4me99 [ Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

wow that skid hangs low!!!!

i cant tell the diff on the chop....pic looks kinda blurry. or i'm drunk...hmmmmmmmm















i'm drunk :lol: j/k

Author:  Sport [ Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:39 am ]
Post subject: 

that pic makes your jeep look like a lowrider.

Thanks for the write up.

Author:  07SILVERLIBERTY [ Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:15 am ]
Post subject: 

I don't mean to Hijack the thread but, heres a better pic of a Chopped up Front end.. though I didn't use the Write up I just took a cutting wheel and went nuts.

I plan to relocate the Windshield washer resivoir in the near future just because it don't look good there..... and the pics !!

Stock bumper.....
Image

Cut Bumper....
Image

Inner fender well Passenger side...
Image

Driver side fender well...
Image

Obviously a little bit of clean up to do but thats the rough of it !

Troy.

Author:  KeswickDave [ Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:25 am ]
Post subject: 

Like the rest of my potential projects, this one is definitely on the list... just waiting for the snow to melt! I have a feeling I'm going to have a busy summer!

Author:  dloc_jeep_KJ [ Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:00 am ]
Post subject: 

looks good i think everyone with that body style should do that. i took the air dam. off the lower part of my (03) front bumper. i think that makes it look a little better but i wish there was a good way to cut it up like this other than cutting out the fog light area. i guess ill just have to get a metal bumper :wink:

Author:  2006 KJ [ Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

would you mind clarifying "This will hold me over until I give the bumper the BIG HACK for the new fenders" i didnt know that they made different fenders? haha

the bumper cutting looks good.. getting rid of the inner's will help a lot too!

Author:  durangotang [ Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

The bumper is going to get chopped up more and narrowed when my flat tube fenders are done.... first one should be next week :D

Author:  2006 KJ [ Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

FLAT TUBE FENDERS!!!!!!!!1 i'm so excited... are you making them?? cant wait to see them on the jeep!! this is a large stride in KJ fendering

Author:  KJ Taz [ Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:17 am ]
Post subject: 

I like the way that looks! Nice guys!

Author:  DryBones [ Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:25 am ]
Post subject: 

07SILVERLIBERTY wrote:
I don't mean to Hijack the thread but, heres a better pic of a Chopped up Front end.. though I didn't use the Write up I just took a cutting wheel and went nuts.

I plan to relocate the Windshield washer resivoir in the near future just because it don't look good there..... and the pics !!

Cut Bumper....
Image

Obviously a little bit of clean up to do but thats the rough of it !

Troy.


Might as well cut out the last tabs and throw on some tow hooks to finish off the look! 8)

Author:  2006 KJ [ Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:37 am ]
Post subject: 

i agree :) 07SILVERLIBERTY was my inspiration to hack the front end.. :)

Author:  07SILVERLIBERTY [ Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

2006 KJ wrote:
i agree :) 07SILVERLIBERTY was my inspiration to hack the front end.. :)


LOL :lol:

I plan on Adding Tow Hooks, I'm 2WD so I need something for you 4x4 guys to hook on to and pull me out :wink:

I'll post more pics tommorrow of the sides of the bumper as well so you guys have an I dea of How I did this. And a word to the Wise PULL out the plastic Fenderliner AWAY from the Washer fluid tank or you may Develop a "Slight" leak :lol:

Troy.

Author:  07SILVERLIBERTY [ Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

Well... if you go look at the tech article I have placed better pics of the side and the front and what advantages it has by cutting your front bumper.

Thanks for the Write up once again !!

Troy.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/