LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Mud
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30907
Page 1 of 1

Author:  meh_kick [ Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Mud

Got around to removing my wheels and skid plates to clean out some debris picked up during a Midwest run. This is why I hate mud!

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Author:  RAYMAN975 [ Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

haha yea i try to avoid mud at all costs if possible. its a pain in the butt to clean

Author:  JJsTJ [ Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

Holy Crap! Now I feel bad for whining about my lil bit of mud from the other day. The part that bothers me most is having the spray of it in the engine compartment. I keep the engine compartment cleaner than the outside of my Jeep.

Author:  RAYMAN975 [ Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

is that the skid row tranny skid on there? i gotta get one of those

i had mud like that but every square inch of my undercarriage was coated in 2" of mud. that incident probably what killed my engine because it got inbetween the ac condensor and radiator and settled to one big solid chunk. and even though i was under it the next day for 8 hours with a hose, and had the front grill, bumper and flares off, i still missed the mud inbetween there cuz i couldnt see it!!

Author:  Guest [ Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

Ha...Mitch, I think I got you beat :lol:

You should've seen the hole that Josh talked me into getting buried in...

Author:  06LIB [ Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

I use a car wash to get it out from the bottom, but it p*sses of the next guy who has to stand in it... :twisted:


on a side note, it looked good BEFORE you cleaned it

Author:  meh_kick [ Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

06LIB wrote:
I use a car wash to get it out from the bottom, but it p*sses of the next guy who has to stand in it... :twisted:


on a side note, it looked good BEFORE you cleaned it


You know what? I went to one of those already. The attendant on duty asked if I would spray down the booth before I left. At lease he let me run the power wash for no charge after my first 6 quarters ran out.

BTW Rayman: Yes it is the Skid Row Tranny (II) skid. The thing is awesome.

Author:  scarletbegonias [ Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

man that looks like a big PITA!!!
((thank God sand dries up and falls out, lol))

Author:  Guest [ Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:05 am ]
Post subject: 

meh_kick wrote:
06LIB wrote:
I use a car wash to get it out from the bottom, but it p*sses of the next guy who has to stand in it... :twisted:


on a side note, it looked good BEFORE you cleaned it


You know what? I went to one of those already. The attendant on duty asked if I would spray down the booth before I left. At lease he let me run the power wash for no charge after my first 6 quarters ran out.

BTW Rayman: Yes it is the Skid Row Tranny (II) skid. The thing is awesome.


it was WORSE? nevermind :lol:

Author:  modular [ Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:22 am ]
Post subject: 

ThunderbirdJunkie wrote:
Ha...Mitch, I think I got you beat :lol:

You should've seen the hole that Josh talked me into getting buried in...


I don't even want to hear it.... :wink:

Author:  meh_kick [ Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:04 am ]
Post subject: 

modular wrote:
ThunderbirdJunkie wrote:
Ha...Mitch, I think I got you beat :lol:

You should've seen the hole that Josh talked me into getting buried in...


I don't even want to hear it.... :wink:


I don't know, I do believe Scott takes the cake for the day. This is what comes to mind when I think "buried." Let's see some proof Eric.... Hehehe
Image
Image

Sorry Scott. :D

For those that want to see more of these gems, click here.

Author:  modular [ Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:13 am ]
Post subject: 

Heh, that ugly mug looks familiar :D Loved that cake mix for mud :twisted:

Hahahahaha....good times.....NO! :lol:

This has prompted the BDS lift, 245/75's and eventually the Aussie locker....

Author:  Jeepjeepster [ Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:56 am ]
Post subject: 

Looks like loads of fun!

Did you spray down in the brake rotor good mitch? Ive noticed mud likes to hide in there and I would say that it can cause the rotor to heat up and warp. :?

Author:  jelohead [ Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

but look how clean the spring is where the ball joint's been hittin....grin

Author:  raceinfan [ Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mud

meh_kick wrote:
Got around to removing my wheels and skid plates to clean out some debris picked up during a Midwest run. This is why I hate mud!

Image



looks like POO :twisted: :lol:

Author:  ohv_kj [ Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

meh_kick wrote:
modular wrote:
ThunderbirdJunkie wrote:
Ha...Mitch, I think I got you beat :lol:

You should've seen the hole that Josh talked me into getting buried in...


I don't even want to hear it.... :wink:


I don't know, I do believe Scott takes the cake for the day. This is what comes to mind when I think "buried." Let's see some proof Eric.... Hehehe
Image
Image

Sorry Scott. :D

For those that want to see more of these gems, click here.


that really is not bad...i have done worst...i will find :D some pics

Author:  Guest [ Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

I get to use my new camera! pics to follow...

Bear in mind this is after almost 2 weeks (haven't had time to wash up...planning to do that Friday...)

me buried
Image

Dirty pics
Image
Image
Image

And the rear, as it is now...after our torrential downpour :lol: this should do JeepJeepster proud...

Image

Author:  C co Crusader 2/127 [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mud

meh_kick wrote:
Got around to removing my wheels and skid plates to clean out some debris picked up during a Midwest run. This is why I hate mud!

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


that darn stock skid is like a shovel.. but a strong shovel

Author:  CD [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

Your a better man than me for taking the time to remove everything and clean.

Love this shot, makes me think I should get some gumboots.
Image

Author:  CD [ Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:20 am ]
Post subject: 

Thought I'd add to the MUD post, this is from last years LOST in Coffs weekend. The pic has only just come to hand.
Image
No, I didn't get out (snached from the rear) :roll: .

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/