| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Red Stick KJ's http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31853 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | JeepPilot [ Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Red Stick KJ's |
Howdy all, Before I return home to Austin, Texas for the summer, LOST member Shaggyislandboy (Scott) and I were able to meet up here in Baton Rouge and go wheelin' at an area just down the road from his house. Scott was in his white CRD and I was in my blue Limited.
Other than the 2 times that I had Wranglers come and recover my KJ, that was the first time that I've gotten the chance to "officially" wheel w/someone. Had a blast! |
|
| Author: | shaggyislandboy [ Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
It was a blast, Garrett! Look forward to wheeling with you again. I'll upload some video's from the ride in the next couple days. Scott |
|
| Author: | CaKJFreedom [ Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:22 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
It's always good to see KJ's out in dirt. Interesting that there aren't any pictures of the recoveries. You must have "forgotten" to take pictures huh? |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Please explain the topic to the post. I do not see a red KJ with manual drive. |
|
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
The topic is about a KJ owned by "Red Stick"..............I think! Terry |
|
| Author: | JeepPilot [ Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Whoops, haha. Baton Rouge, Louisiana is commonly referred to as "Red Stick", beucase Baton Rouge is literally French for red stick. So when I posted "Red Stick KJ's", I was essentially saying Baton Rouge KJ's. Sorry for the confusion. |
|
| Author: | shaggyislandboy [ Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
"...Interesting that there aren't any pictures of the recoveries. You must have "forgotten" to take pictures huh? " JeepPilot was referring to some other time that he went wheeling and needed to be pulled out. No recoveries were needed for this trip... although we came close a couple of times. But we could have handled the job of pulling the other out. No need to call a Wrangler! Scott |
|
| Author: | shaggyislandboy [ Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:20 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Here are two of the videos I got from this ride. I'll be getting several others uploaded later. Here is JeepPilot crossing an open bridge. There was some very slick mud right in front of the bridge so make sure and notice the big slide on the bridge! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUKJoFPiv_M Here is one of me going into a ravine and then climbing back out. It felt and looked a bit steeper than it did through the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co-qAVsgG7g |
|
| Author: | JeepPilot [ Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:43 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Great footage Scott! Thought it was pretty funny that I can hear you let out a slight gasp when my tail end started sliding to the right while crossing the bridge. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|