| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| New homemade roof rack. http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33667 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | SoDakJeep [ Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | New homemade roof rack. |
The material I used was supposed to be a type of storage rack that we had laying around. Well I took it to our local fab show to have him cut apart and then reweld it back into a box. It is very strong and just slightly starts to bow with my 150lb self on top of the rack. Dimensions are 50x40x4 and I plan on installing some 2 lights on each side of the basket so I can have plenty of lighting for camping. I used u-bolts to attach but when I did this they were a little long and ended up scratching the roof a little bit when I cut them off. The main reason for this basket is a 1800 mile round trip concert so I needed more storage place for coolers tents chairs ect. Heck for 60 bucks I can not complain. I also know that it is off center and I am going to fix that when I get back from my trip.
|
|
| Author: | Inc [ Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Cool, when I made mine, I made it to use only when I needed it on long trips. Around town I keep it off for mpg concerns, but I love having the extra space. |
|
| Author: | jsc7002 [ Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
lookin good, I had some big 6" lights on the top of mine but I ended up taking them off and Im now looking for something with a lower profile |
|
| Author: | SoDakJeep [ Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
yea i plan to add 6 4x6 lights with 1 on each corner of the rack like this
then have individual switch to control each side. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|