LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Rock Zombie off-road event
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45314
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Tokyojoe [ Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Rock Zombie off-road event

This event was held by one of the Mile High Jeep CLub Chapters. It was held in Parker, CO and there were at least 200 vehicles there and of that, probably 100-125 were playing. This place had everything:

1. Stream crossings
2. Very soft sand
3. Rock Crawling - more like boulder smashing
4. stack of fallen trees
5. smashed cars
6. Mud Bog
7. 50 ft bon fire (for tonight)
8. big soft banks to drop off or climb up
9. Logs
10. Professional BBQ restaurant stand

Then there was Skyjump and me in our KJ's and Digger in his KK. Jeepbum had his girls KJ there but it wasn't running. A couple other stock to semi-stock KJ's there also. Many many trailer queens and buggy's. Pinzgauer, old FJ's, new FJ's (no doors), Land Cruisers, pickups, sammy's/trackers (on steroids), only a few completely stock Wranglers, three or four stock GC's roaming around and a couple beefed up ones.

A great event for all and it is going on tomorrow also.

I tried the mud bog and we got stuck very quickly. Safe to say and made me feel so much better when I watched bigger Wrangler's and a really old FJ get stuck in the exact spot I did.

We had the Liberty Towing team on the fallen tree stack. I made the stack while we watched beefy Wranglers have a lot of trouble. Digger helped strap a couple of them. They suffered a lot of dents and bends in their bumpers. Digger tried but gave up. A big F-150 tried and gave up. A shame we didn't get picks of our climb. We were too busy spotting each other.

I only took a few pics.


Digger strapping a Wrangler over first obstacle
Image

Digger making his try up
Image

spotting for Digger
Image

This Wrangler struggled up but gunned it hard to get over.
Image
strapping this Wrangler
Image

Never saw this beast get dirty and play in anything.
Image
Bouldering by the stream. A lot tougher with wet tires. Even the really big boys were getting stuck here. One buggy with 4-wheel steering got high-centered badly and he wouldn't accept defeat for a good 30 minutes. People were lined up all along the bank where I took the picture, sitting in chairs watching the continuous show.
Image

XJ getting stuck in bog whre I got stuck.
Image

Wrangler getting stuck in same spot. An old FJ was very badly stuck here going in the other direction of the XJ and TJ. Took two winches to pull him out. One big pickup had to brace against a tree because he was being pulled forward.
Image

Something broke or he was stuck
Image

The guts.
Image

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

Dave, Sorry I left you. I just now got home after getting the F250 stuck... we were there for over 2 hours before we got it out. I will post all of my pictures later

Author:  HoosierJeeper [ Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

Nice pics.... :D

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

Ok so here are a few from me

So this is the first jeep to greet you when you come in :P
Image


The first obstacle of the day
Image


Skyjump having a go

Image
Image
Image


Digger playing

Image


And the Darwin award of the year goes to
Image
Image



Next up was the mud

So digger thinks, no problem, mud is mud :roll: .... digger thought to much and wouldn't you know 225/75r16 do not like sand

Image
Image

So while I was getting pulled out, Dave were out at the logs... well they thought they could play in the mud with their big tires...not
Image
Image



It was a good try.... Very very hard. Most of the vehicles out there didn't make it throught




So back to the logs

Our second wrangler getting pulled out by a liberty... the guy liked the skinny pedel way to much
Image
Image
Image



More play time in the water
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


And my brother yelling :roll:
Image




So since dave didn't get to hook up to a wrangler, he took the next best thing... A YOTA
Image
Image




King of the cars

Image


Yes digger wimped out, but I like my tires
Image




Some of the other rides

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


And then my neighbor comes out
Image
Image
Image


3 jeeps together couldn't budge it... The BIG boys were called in
Image


Yes, Digger's fat arse was helping the second K5 get traction up the hill
Image


And then digger pull the broke arse F-250 home since he blow all of the trans oil out of the front main seal
Image
Image



Finally home after pulling that pig 7 miles

Image

Author:  Fulltimer [ Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

GREAT pictures guys! I would loved to have been there....LOTS OF FUN!

Terry

Author:  Murphyman [ Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:43 pm ]
Post subject: 

Looks like the only vehicle to flip was a Toyota, not a Jeep. 8)

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

This guy either rolled it today or did it a couple months ago at the same place...Not sure which


I almost flipped him while we tried to get the f250 out.... He had to clean his shorts after seeing what kind of power liberty have when pulling :twisted:

Image
Image

Author:  Tokyojoe [ Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:06 am ]
Post subject: 

I pulled that Yota off the horizontal tree. Piggybacked to help pull a stuck Grand Cherokee in the bog. The big Rubi that had just gone through ahead of it and was with the GC couldn't budge it. In all, I did four pulls. One guy sarcastically asked me if my Libby was trail rated. I told him it was Chinaman's Gulch rated.

Author:  HoosierJeeper [ Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:42 am ]
Post subject: 

Nice pics Digger.... 8)

Author:  RAYMAN975 [ Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:01 pm ]
Post subject: 

nice pics! i love that orange rock buggy with the yota grill and the chevy LS engine!!

but.......maybe i missed something.....but when did your green KK turn into flat black?!

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

Tokyojoe wrote:
I pulled that Yota off the horizontal tree. Piggybacked to help pull a stuck Grand Cherokee in the bog. The big Rubi that had just gone through ahead of it and was with the GC couldn't budge it. In all, I did four pulls. One guy sarcastically asked me if my Libby was trail rated. I told him it was Chinaman's Gulch rated.


:lol: Yeah I heard a lot of trash talk to... in tell I started go go up stuff the a lot of people were having problems with

Author:  JeepBumm68 [ Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

Who can find my Orange Rubicon in the Pictures that Dave posted haha

I'll post the few pics we took of the day also.

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

JeepBumm68 wrote:
Who can find my Orange Rubicon in the Pictures that Dave posted haha

I'll post the few pics we took of the day also.


Did you get water in any thing like your diffs?

Author:  JeepBumm68 [ Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:51 am ]
Post subject: 

not sure yet have not taken them apart to see hahah

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/