LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Donkeykong was wheeling (56k anyone... still?)
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52692
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Donkeykong [ Thu May 13, 2010 10:04 am ]
Post subject:  Donkeykong was wheeling (56k anyone... still?)

I took the first two...
Image

Image

Some of my friends (also in liberties took these) (thanks ranger joe, linda spins, shawn six and Mike Cool)
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
here is a new obstacle at the place where I wheel :D
Image

and if anyone if interested in seeing a HD video I filmed of a V8 cherokee (would that be a WJ?) going downt he same trail I had just conquered) here is a link:
http://vimeo.com/11439523

Hope you enjoyed them :D
Mark

Author:  WickedKJ [ Thu May 13, 2010 11:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Donkeykong was wheeling (56k anyone... still?)

Where were you wheeling? Thanks for posting up, great pictures. Nice looking cherokee also.

Author:  tommudd [ Thu May 13, 2010 12:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Donkeykong was wheeling (56k anyone... still?)

look up Jeep Skool you'll find where he was
Great shots there!
Looks like rock rails, man tires and more lift are needed :-)r :pepper:

Author:  Sport [ Thu May 13, 2010 12:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Donkeykong was wheeling (56k anyone... still?)

tommudd wrote:

Looks like rock rails, man tires and more lift are needed :-)r :pepper:


Why? He has shown more off roading in one post then you have had in the 4 years I have been a member here and that is with your rails, lift and man tires. :SOMBRERO:

Author:  Donkeykong [ Thu May 13, 2010 12:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Donkeykong was wheeling (56k anyone... still?)

Wicked, Tom has already answered your question.... it's Jeepskool.com
There are two other liberties who come out consistently, and a few others who come out sporadically.
Some say Jeep Skool is only mud... but I am finding loads of rocky trails, but I walk them first :D
If you're planning on going it's the first weekend of each month... but I will say it first:
There is a $500 idiot penalty.... if you take a rig which isn't build for a trail down a trail rated for 44" tires and lockers, and manage to get stuck to the point that no one can winch you out and the owner has to bring his earth mover to get you out.. then you will have to pay for all the fuel it took to drive said earthmover down the trail and back to the factory... it sounds worse than it is... to my understanding that kind of recovery has only had to be done 3 times, and only one person has ever had to pay it....

Tom: More lift... for sure :mrgreen: I'm probably going to be fabbing up a gas tank skid now that I have use for one, and I already have the material for my sliders..... and I'm thinking of getting some of the steel 15" rims with 3.5-4" backspace as I find 16" tires with big rubber are waaayyyy more expensive than 15's.. then I need to decide how I am going to build my lift... the more I wheel with the IFS the less I feel like I need a SFA... until I get the tires the Daystar blocks are keeping my front diff from getting jammed.

Sport: LOL tom still has a cooler jeep than me :mrgreen:

Author:  tommudd [ Thu May 13, 2010 1:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Donkeykong was wheeling (56k anyone... still?)

Sport wrote:
tommudd wrote:

Looks like rock rails, man tires and more lift are needed :-)r :pepper:


Why? He has shown more off roading in one post then you have had in the 4 years I have been a member here and that is with your rails, lift and man tires. :SOMBRERO:


Well sorry you have been blind for four years and have not seen any pictures of mine off road there's been plenty :goink:
:pepper: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN:
Plus if you knew anything at all you would know I was messing with him, we are friends.
But then ......we all know but you I guess! :POPCORN:

You've tried before with this, if you want PM me with your insults that's fine, but don't mess up Donkeys thread Ok ?

Author:  2006 KJ [ Thu May 13, 2010 2:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Donkeykong was wheeling (56k anyone... still?)

Quote:
http://vimeo.com/11439523


someone PLEASE PLEASE tune that WJ up!!! that is painful to listen to.. only hittin on 5 of the 8 i'd say. I've been to jeep skool twice and both times it was pretty much just mud. when i was there they only had 2 trails with rocks and they were not a challenge at all. nice legal place to go wheel and get your tires dirty but i dont see a reason for me to go back.. unless there is a KJ meet there :)

Author:  Sport [ Thu May 13, 2010 4:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Donkeykong was wheeling (56k anyone... still?)

tommudd wrote:
Sport wrote:
tommudd wrote:

Looks like rock rails, man tires and more lift are needed :-)r :pepper:


Why? He has shown more off roading in one post then you have had in the 4 years I have been a member here and that is with your rails, lift and man tires. :SOMBRERO:


Well sorry you have been blind for four years and have not seen any pictures of mine off road there's been plenty :goink:
:pepper: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN:
Plus if you knew anything at all you would know I was messing with him, we are friends.
But then ......we all know but you I guess! :POPCORN:

You've tried before with this, if you want PM me with your insults that's fine, but don't mess up Donkeys thread Ok ?

I now you guys are friends, I assumed everyone from OH were pals. I put a smiley face with a sombrero hat meant to be taken lightly so try not to get bent out of shape. You play, I play we all play. But in all honesty Donkey knows what he is doing with his Jeep.

Author:  KJ in CO [ Fri May 14, 2010 5:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Donkeykong was wheeling (56k anyone... still?)

Looks like you were puttin them Libbys to the test. Even with my man tires and all the goodies i would be hesitant on going down that road. Those look like some gnarly trails. :5SHOTS:

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Fri May 14, 2010 8:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Donkeykong was wheeling (56k anyone... still?)

Good pics Donk!



Sport: I always wear a sombrero when I'm joking around too!!! :P

Author:  Budke [ Fri May 14, 2010 8:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Donkeykong was wheeling (56k anyone... still?)

Sport wrote:
tommudd wrote:

Well sorry you have been blind for four years and have not seen any pictures of mine off road there's been plenty :goink:
:pepper: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN:
Plus if you knew anything at all you would know I was messing with him, we are friends.
But then ......we all know but you I guess! :POPCORN:

You've tried before with this, if you want PM me with your insults that's fine, but don't mess up Donkeys thread Ok ?

I now you guys are friends, I assumed everyone from OH were pals. I put a smiley face with a sombrero hat meant to be taken lightly so try not to get bent out of shape. You play, I play we all play. But in all honesty Donkey knows what he is doing with his Jeep.



"I used a smiley, that means my post isn't serious!"
:goink:

Author:  meh_kick [ Fri May 14, 2010 1:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Donkeykong was wheeling (56k anyone... still?)

2006 KJ wrote:
.. unless there is a KJ meet there :)



Good idea Alex.

Author:  tommudd [ Fri May 14, 2010 1:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Donkeykong was wheeling (56k anyone... still?)

meh_kick wrote:
2006 KJ wrote:
.. unless there is a KJ meet there :)



Good idea Alex.


Been talked about many times but no one comes up with a date or wants to help plan it.
So anyone want to be the Go to person on this?

Author:  Cameraflage [ Sat May 15, 2010 12:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Donkeykong was wheeling (56k anyone... still?)

Image

I swear that rock wasnt there five minutes before you hit it.

Author:  Donkeykong [ Sat May 15, 2010 1:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Donkeykong was wheeling (56k anyone... still?)

tommudd wrote:
meh_kick wrote:
2006 KJ wrote:
.. unless there is a KJ meet there :)



Good idea Alex.


Been talked about many times but no one comes up with a date or wants to help plan it.
So anyone want to be the Go to person on this?


I would be glad to! (and I'm sure Ed (house32) will chime in when he gets wind of this thread :D

Should I set something up on LOST Ohio, or keep it here?
Do we want to try and see if there is a weekend outside of normal Jeep Skool available (Or just get our liberties together at a regular skool day)


Cameraflage wrote:
Image

I swear that rock wasnt there five minutes before you hit it.

Either way I am still VERY grateful to have been spotted thru so much trail :D

(backstory on that shot:

Me: Alright do I look good then?
Joe: Yeah, you're fine!
Me: Thanks so much for spotting me!
Joe: No problem!
(engine revvs, lets clutch out, crunch)
Joe: :shock:
Me: :oops: What was that?
Joe: I don't see anything
Linda & Kristen: You just tried to smash a rock with plastic )

It's all fun :D

Author:  04LibertyRen [ Sat May 15, 2010 12:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Donkeykong was wheeling (56k anyone... still?)

Donkeykong wrote:
Image



Would you happen to have a high res shot of this one? It would make a pretty sick background.

Author:  Donkeykong [ Sat May 15, 2010 1:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Donkeykong was wheeling (56k anyone... still?)

Image

This one is 1200x800, what size/resolution would you need it in for a background?

I think my camera resolves up to something like 3200x6400... so I can go bigger, but e-mailing it would become an issue :lol:

Mark

P.s. Tom, I might just try to duplicate your lift as you seem to put miles on like I do 8)

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Sat May 15, 2010 2:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Donkeykong was wheeling (56k anyone... still?)

Great pictures!!!

Author:  04LibertyRen [ Sun May 16, 2010 3:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Donkeykong was wheeling (56k anyone... still?)

Donkeykong wrote:
Image

This one is 1200x800, what size/resolution would you need it in for a background?

I think my camera resolves up to something like 3200x6400... so I can go bigger, but e-mailing it would become an issue :lol:

Mark

P.s. Tom, I might just try to duplicate your lift as you seem to put miles on like I do 8)

My laptops res is 1280x800 so that'll work thanks!

Author:  linewarbr [ Fri May 21, 2010 12:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Donkeykong was wheeling (56k anyone... still?)

Shoulda entered that pic in the Spring Green ROTM Contest - I think you woulda won it.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/