LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

UPDATED: 4x2s can get dirty too!! haha.
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=56093
Page 1 of 1

Author:  turbosocks [ Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:50 pm ]
Post subject:  UPDATED: 4x2s can get dirty too!! haha.

UPDATE 10-19-10 after driving through some muddy water! haha and a view from the sandia mountains

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

the aftermath!!

Image



Here it is.. my Jeep Liberty 4x2 with wheels/tires and a daystar lift.

Yeah 4x2.. Fail... I know.. I'm still kicking myself in the booty for making such a poor decision..

I am looking to make it a little more capable, but we will see how that goes..

So far, I have done the following:

black headlight housings-DIY (6$)
255/70/16 Kumho KL78 tires (587$ including mounting and balancing and TPMS swap from stock wheels)
16x8" Cragar V-5 black wheels (253$)
Daystar 2" spacer lift (170$ installed myself)
I sold my stock wheels/tires for 350$ so right now, total investment is around 670$ out of pocket.

I plan to tint the tails, 3rd brake light, front corners and front reflectors this weekend.

I would also like to pick up an Aussie locker. In the near future I want to make a custom CAI and get a flowmaster 44 series installed.

Here are some pictures after the wheels/tires and before the lift.. they rubbed, needless to say. :ROTFL:

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Here are a few pictures after the lift.

Image
Image
Image
Image

Author:  mag03kj [ Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: some pics of my 2010 KK Sport 4x2<fail :(

Nice!
4X2 aint that bad! I drive a 03 4X2 KJ I got nothing but a pair of Yokohama A/T-S. I've wheeled it in soft sand and have done fine with it being 2WD air down to about 20psi.



:JEEPIN:

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: some pics of my 2010 KK Sport 4x2<fail :(

put a 4.10 locker in it give it a 6" lift and 32's

itll do 90% of what you want it to do and in most circumstances 100% of what you NEED it to do

Author:  DirtyKK [ Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: some pics of my 2010 KK Sport 4x2<fail :(

At least you're wheeling a 2wd, lots of people don't do it with their 4wd. It looks sexy, however, I have never been a fan of people tinting tails lights. Headlights and everything else I'm ok with. You're just asking for a ticket or to be rear ended otherwise if you ask me.

Author:  awsumk [ Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: some pics of my 2010 KK Sport 4x2<fail :(

yeah it looks real good! so the lift project went well then? that's always good, those tires have some room now at least! i'm thinkin of selling my originals too, $350 would be nice in my pocket...would sure help with the new muffler purchase. way to go turbo!

Author:  turbosocks [ Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: some pics of my 2010 KK Sport 4x2<fail :(

thanks guys for the compliments.. i really hope to do SOME light off roading and get myself stuck a few times to see the 'limits' (of course after I have some recovery points and a friend out with me)

the lift project went pretty good, with a few minor setbacks, but everything is good now.. LOVE the ride.. feels virtually like stock.

and regarding the tail lights.. I still will never understand why people think that using a translucent tint will decrease the light visibility THAT much or the tails and brake lights.. The GTS tail covers I had on my srt-4 were darker than I have ever seen night shades and the light shined through fine, even in the daytime. Night shades usually shows light through better than the tinted acrylic covers that GTS makes..

now on the ticket thing, not really worried about it. The light shows through plenty well, even with just the 'parking' lamps on when really dark. and when the brake lights are on, you can't miss them if you tried..

tail covers on my srt-4 (the light showed through in the day time, parking lights and brakes. not AS good as stock, but if people couldn't see it, then they shouldnt be on the road.
Image

tail covers on my turbo'd tiburon before the srt-4.. same deal.. different brand tail covers.
Image

not trying to start an arguement, and I understand if someone pretty much paints their tail lights it can be dangerous, but if done right, you can have them pretty much blacked out and still be very visible.. also, I will be replacing the stock bulb with a 12 LED setup for the brake/parking light.

EDIT: the images are clickable. didn't want to clutter the Jeep forums with my old rice :BANANA:

Author:  pinevillekj [ Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: some pics of my 2010 KK Sport 4x2<fail :(

I kicked myself for purchase a 2wd back in 06. But with decent tires she has been fine on dirt trails and lite mud. It impresses the heck out of my fellow Realtors when we are listing land!

Author:  cody-james [ Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: some pics of my 2010 KK Sport 4x2<fail :(

you should get a set of stock jeep center caps with the same bolt pattern and spray them black! then those wheels will look even better like the wheels in this post viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55773

Author:  turbosocks [ Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: some pics of my 2010 KK Sport 4x2<fail :(

might look into some center caps to paint black.. i was thinking of just painting under the wheels black in the areas that show on the end of the axles and front hubs.. but i haven't gotten around to it yet..

I tinted the tails this weekend.. I skipped the 3rd brake light so I could have it a little 'safer' for the morons that would not notice the dimmer light from the tails. I also decided it wouldn't really affect the overall look to much.. I will get pictures posted later. I need to go over them again with clear to get them shiny. I cleared them yesterday, but the first two coats were to thin, so it didn't come out super glossy..

EDIT: here are some cell phone pics.

Image
Image

Author:  turbosocks [ Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: some pics of my 2010 KK Sport 4x2<fail :(

some better pics of the tails for those interested and a couple new shots..

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Author:  turbosocks [ Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UPDATED: 4x2s can get dirty too!! haha.

added some 'weak' 4x2 action shots in the first post.

Author:  67Customs [ Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UPDATED: 4x2s can get dirty too!! haha.

Are you running TPMS with those V5's?

Author:  turbosocks [ Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UPDATED: 4x2s can get dirty too!! haha.

yes, they swapped over the stock sensors from the stock wheels. haven't had any issues as of yet.

Author:  67Customs [ Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UPDATED: 4x2s can get dirty too!! haha.

turbosocks wrote:
yes, they swapped over the stock sensors from the stock wheels. haven't had any issues as of yet.

That is what I wanted to know. A few of the wheels I have wanted can't utilize TPMS. I like those wheels. Glad to know that they will work. :D

Author:  DetroitKK [ Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UPDATED: 4x2s can get dirty too!! haha.

67Customs wrote:
turbosocks wrote:
yes, they swapped over the stock sensors from the stock wheels. haven't had any issues as of yet.

That is what I wanted to know. A few of the wheels I have wanted can't utilize TPMS. I like those wheels. Glad to know that they will work. :D


Just to let you know, I just put some Cragar Soft 8s on my KK and the TPMS swapped over no problem. I've put like 60 miles on the wheels since then and spent alll day yesterday in the swamp and so far so good! :JEEPIN:

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/