LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

upgraded to 265/75/16's on moabs
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=57187
Page 1 of 1

Author:  paulevans76 [ Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:57 pm ]
Post subject:  upgraded to 265/75/16's on moabs

Got the wheels for $400 and the tires for $450 out the door :SOMBRERO: they are the discontinued Bridgestone Dueler M/T, and the shop I just happened to stop by and check out had some that had been sitting the warehouse for a few years. No cracks, splits, nothing at all wrong with them. Can't beat that price for 5 new tires, especially when I expected to pay at least twice that!

Image

Image

Image

Still have a little rubbing to take care of, but nothing out of control :JEEPIN:

Author:  stumpjumper_09 [ Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: upgraded to 265/75/16's on moabs

I'm jealous :|

Author:  tommudd [ Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: upgraded to 265/75/16's on moabs

stumpjumper_09 wrote:
I'm jealous :|


of the Moabs ? They do look good of course :wink:

Author:  stumpjumper_09 [ Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: upgraded to 265/75/16's on moabs

tommudd wrote:
stumpjumper_09 wrote:
I'm jealous :|


of the Moabs ? They do look good of course :wink:


not too mention the rediculas deal on the tires....



Ya gonna sell me those yet?

Author:  Xodius [ Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: upgraded to 265/75/16's on moabs

Looking good!!

Author:  Neatus [ Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: upgraded to 265/75/16's on moabs

Moabs are some of the best looking factory wheels out there. Looks great:)

Author:  tommudd [ Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: upgraded to 265/75/16's on moabs

paulevans76 wrote:
discontinued Bridgestone Dueler M/T, and the shop I just happened to stop by and check out had some that had been sitting the warehouse for a few years. No cracks, splits, nothing at all wrong with them. Can't beat that price for 5 new tires, especially when I expected to pay at least twice that!

Whats the manufacturer date on the tires ? If they've been sitting a few years ???? Better safe than sorry . Did they give you a warranty with them?

Author:  paulevans76 [ Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: upgraded to 265/75/16's on moabs

tommudd wrote:
paulevans76 wrote:
discontinued Bridgestone Dueler M/T, and the shop I just happened to stop by and check out had some that had been sitting the warehouse for a few years. No cracks, splits, nothing at all wrong with them. Can't beat that price for 5 new tires, especially when I expected to pay at least twice that!

Whats the manufacturer date on the tires ? If they've been sitting a few years ???? Better safe than sorry . Did they give you a warranty with them?


The date on the tires was 2003, no warranty. Gambling a little, but I'm not going to tow with them--I'll find another set of tires strictly for towing and mount them on the stock wheels. I'll keep ya posted if they explode or something :grim:

Thanks for the kind words fellas, I really like how she sits now.

edit: forgot to mention my favorite part: the back glass clears the tire by about 1/8th of an inch :-)r Looked like it was gonna be close but whoa!

Author:  jeep4life7 [ Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: upgraded to 265/75/16's on moabs

what size of lift do u have and whats the mesurment from hub to fender if u dont mind

Author:  tommudd [ Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: upgraded to 265/75/16's on moabs

Looks good but I would be concerned with 2003 tires and NO WARRANTY
Tires age and dry out from the insides even when sitting in a warehouse.
Hate to see anyone get hurt trying to save a few dollars

Good Luck

Author:  paulevans76 [ Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: upgraded to 265/75/16's on moabs

jeep4life7 wrote:
what size of lift do u have and whats the mesurment from hub to fender if u dont mind


Last I measured was at 21.5 F, 21.25 R both sides. Probably a 2" daystar kit--it was installed before I bought the rig.

tommudd wrote:
Looks good but I would be concerned with 2003 tires and NO WARRANTY
Tires age and dry out from the insides even when sitting in a warehouse.
Hate to see anyone get hurt trying to save a few dollars

Good Luck


Thanks for your concern, I'm aware of the potential issues.

Author:  tommudd [ Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: upgraded to 265/75/16's on moabs

But are others on the road with you aware of it ?
Not trying to be a jerk, but in the UK and other countries those tires would not be allowed to be sold at all. I'm surprised that they did sell them to you. Having worked in the tire business for a number of years I've never sold any that old. Too much liability.

Sorry and again good luck with them

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: upgraded to 265/75/16's on moabs

A fella from Pugh's tried to sell me a set of tires like that when I was living in Gville - gville's kind of a 3rd world country tom so it's pretty much to be expected

Shame you didn't come a long about a year ago, I lived down on first street near the river for a good while :P

Author:  Zack A [ Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: upgraded to 265/75/16's on moabs

I lived in Ayden outside of Greenville for a while before moving back toward Raleigh.

Author:  OldSkull [ Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: upgraded to 265/75/16's on moabs

tommudd wrote:
But are others on the road with you aware of it ?
Not trying to be a jerk, but in the UK and other countries those tires would not be allowed to be sold at all. I'm surprised that they did sell them to you. Having worked in the tire business for a number of years I've never sold any that old. Too much liability.

Sorry and again good luck with them


X2 I didn't get a deal, life of a tire is 6 years , the rubber get dry and they can explode , how many time you see camping trailer on the side of the road and the guy said "I got a blow out" the main reason is alway's the same....... Speeding and dry tires. Some of them got 15 years old tires but they just do few miles every summer and they look brand new like our rear spare on our Jeep :wink:

Yep you got 5 good looking "spare tires" and 5 superb Moab repro wheels, your truck look amazing and I wish you stay out of trouble with those donuts.

Good luck

Author:  paulevans76 [ Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: upgraded to 265/75/16's on moabs

I'll be on the lookout for some street tires and then keep these for the trail ;)

Author:  OldSkull [ Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: upgraded to 265/75/16's on moabs

Well good decision but I just find out you got a CRD! G....If you wreck this amazing looking truck on the HW I'm in business for a spare engine! :ROTFL: Dooooo need to shot my mouth on that one! :banghead:

Author:  tommudd [ Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: upgraded to 265/75/16's on moabs

JeepinJarhead03 wrote:
A fella from Pugh's tried to sell me a set of tires like that when I was living in Gville - gville's kind of a 3rd world country tom so it's pretty much to be expected

Shame you didn't come a long about a year ago, I lived down on first street near the river for a good while :P


When you grow up in a county that has less than 14000 people total you get to know the type of areas you are talking about and people trying to make you "a deal" :ROTFL:

Author:  jeep4life7 [ Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: upgraded to 265/75/16's on moabs

paulevans76 wrote:
jeep4life7 wrote:
what size of lift do u have and whats the mesurment from hub to fender if u dont mind


Last I measured was at 21.5 F, 21.25 R both sides. Probably a 2" daystar kit--it was installed before I bought the rig.

tommudd wrote:
Looks good but I would be concerned with 2003 tires and NO WARRANTY
Tires age and dry out from the insides even when sitting in a warehouse.
Hate to see anyone get hurt trying to save a few dollars

Good Luck


Thanks for your concern, I'm aware of the potential issues.


Is that what they mesure with those tires or a different size

Author:  DirtyKK [ Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: upgraded to 265/75/16's on moabs

jeep4life7 wrote:
Is that what they measure with those tires or a different size


when lift height is measured from middle of wheel to fender flare the size of tire will not change that measurement. the only thing larger tires changes is the amount of tire that fills that gap and ground clearance of course.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/