LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

My KJ Renegade
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=59365
Page 1 of 1

Author:  jershoe [ Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:05 pm ]
Post subject:  My KJ Renegade

I reorganized my photos last night and so now, all of my posts have no pictures. So rather than go through and edit them all, I will make a storyline of the build of my Liberty in this one post.
Enjoy

Here it is stock, on my first off-roading trip up to an old gravel pit up by our hunting cabin.
Image Image

First Mod: General Grabber AT2 Tires 235/70/16
ImageImage

Second Mod: Daystar 2" lift kit :banghead: Rode terrible, but I liked it :P
ImageImage

Third Mod: SpiderTrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers

ImageImage

Fourth Mod: Replaced the back seat with a flat deck
Image
Then built a toolbox for it
Image
Painted that black, and Herculined the lid
Image
And then built a platform the same height as the toolbox so that I could still sleep in the back if needed
Image

Fifth Mod: Bedliner
I first started intending to only bedline a 2 inch strip along the bottom of the tailgate to cover a dent/paintchip left by my mom trying to pull out a bush with a dog leash while I was out of town :P
Image
I liked the look alot, so I continued to bedline the bottom of the doors, and the plastic trim
Image
I left that alone for a while, but eventually, after some playing with photoshop, I decided to bedline the flairs as well
Can't find a picture from that phase :? but they will be shown in later pictures

Sixth Mod: Interco Trxus MT Tires 235/85/16
This would have been the 7th, but I got the tires before the new lift, and I wanted them on :P
Image
Image

Seventh Mod: OME Lift :D
Finally got the OME installed, and the ride was SOOO much better! :BANANA:
Image
And time for a new hitch :shock:
Image

But, alas, all good things must come to an end, and with school, and work, I was up to 95+ miles a day, which was killing me with gas, and slowly taking its toll on the Jeep, so I sold it in December and got a car, cant wait until I can get into another Jeep!
So here are some of the final pictures before it was sold.

Image Image Image Image

And just for fun, one last before and after:

Before:
Image
After:
Image

Author:  Zack A [ Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My KJ Renegade

Ive been debating on doing my flairs...you may have inspired me to do so!

Great pics!

Author:  jershoe [ Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My KJ Renegade

Zack A wrote:
Ive been debating on doing my flairs...you may have inspired me to do so!

Great pics!


Thanks! :BANANA:

After doing the flairs, looking at pictures from before, it seems like the KJ is naked :shock:

Author:  Knightrider03m [ Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My KJ Renegade

Looking good. I love the flairs!

Author:  At The Helm [ Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My KJ Renegade

I like the deck in the cargo area and i have been thinking of doing this in my kk. Is that marine carpet? Sorry to here you have to sell your Jeep. :cry:

Author:  jershoe [ Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My KJ Renegade

Atthehelm wrote:
I like the deck in the cargo area and i have been thinking of doing this in my kk. Is that marine carpet? Sorry to here you have to sell your Jeep. :cry:


It was all weather carpet I believe, It came in a 10 foot roll from lowe's

Author:  Speeder [ Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My KJ Renegade

sorry to see it go man nice looking jeep
i to know the hardship of DD a jeep it sucks right now

Author:  vshockey10 [ Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My KJ Renegade

looks like what I want to make my CRD look like in the end.

How many mpg did you loose with the lift? then how much when you put the tires on.

PS I know this is an older thread and you sold your jeep so IDK if you come on here

Author:  Beep Beep [ Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My KJ Renegade

Larger and wider tires would be a prime suspect for a decrease in MPG.

Author:  eyehatetofu [ Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My KJ Renegade

That was a bad arse looking KJ. To bad you had to get rid of it.

Also, I see a Michigan license plate, yet, unless my eyes decieve me, you were sporting a Green Bay flag in your heep. What gives?

Author:  jershoe [ Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My KJ Renegade

Fuelly said I got around 18 highway, and 13 city, and driving 95+ miles a day killed the wallet :dizzy:

And yes, I am from Michigan and like the Packers :P

Author:  vshockey10 [ Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My KJ Renegade

hah its all good man. my whole mom's side of the family is from the UP and are big Pack fans

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/