LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

33s Coming soon to an 02 near you :)
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=60565
Page 1 of 2

Author:  joejeeper420 [ Fri May 06, 2011 8:39 pm ]
Post subject:  33s Coming soon to an 02 near you :)

02 liberty sport, renegade fender flares, smooth painted black bumpers with front bumper mod, 3" lift, custom 2 tone Interior based on the freedom edition, 31" STs tires, Borla exhaust, hi flow cats, header, CAI, cross drilled slotted rotors, full alpine / kicker system... And much more...

Image

More pics coming soon!

Image

Image
Image

Author:  VMKJCRD [ Fri May 06, 2011 9:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 33s Coming soon to an 02 near you :)

:POPCORN:

Author:  infernicus [ Sat May 07, 2011 1:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 33s Coming soon to an 02 near you :)

Looking Good!
I like how it looks when you cut the older style bumpers.

Where in NY are you? Looks like one of the outer boroughs.

Welcome!

Author:  OldSkull [ Sun May 08, 2011 7:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 33s Coming soon to an 02 near you :)

joejeeper420 wrote:
Image


Look like you got a severe camber problem to me! :dizzy: Or your camera got a severe optical problem but I never see a Iphone G4 with a wide angle lens screw on... :ROTFL:

Author:  joejeeper420 [ Sun May 08, 2011 10:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 33s Coming soon to an 02 near you :)

Yea I need a set of ALS arms lol.

Author:  Mike08Liberty [ Sun May 08, 2011 1:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 33s Coming soon to an 02 near you :)

That bad of a camber problem + 33s is probably going to give you some massive rubbing. Will 33s fit with only a 3" lift?

Author:  OldSkull [ Mon May 09, 2011 8:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 33s Coming soon to an 02 near you :)

joejeeper420 wrote:
Yea I need a set of ALS arms lol.


You need more then that...Front and rear 4.10 gearing and to be honnest try getting over 32" with a KJ IFS is looking for trouble... 33"+ = SFA hi lift game. But like some folk's use to say...If you just want to sit there and stair at... :roll:

Author:  tonycrd [ Mon May 09, 2011 1:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 33s Coming soon to an 02 near you :)

He lost the right front flare already... :-)r

Author:  Pote [ Mon May 09, 2011 5:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 33s Coming soon to an 02 near you :)

joejeeper420 wrote:
02 liberty sport, renegade fender flares, smooth painted black bumpers with front bumper mod, 3" lift, custom 2 tone Interior based on the freedom edition, 31" STs tires, Borla exhaust, hi flow cats, header, CAI, cross drilled slotted rotors, full alpine / kicker system... And much more...

Image




NOT camber issues...it was simply starting to morph into Megatron when the pic was taken. Action photo is all. :P

Author:  joejeeper420 [ Tue May 10, 2011 1:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 33s Coming soon to an 02 near you :)

You guys are too funny. No one noticed but there is no front diff or any axles in my car in that pic. I had a LBJ fail on me goin 55 on the highway and it tore up the front pretty bad. Now she's all fixed up and has all new bushings, bearings, ball joints, etc. 4:10 gears are in. My lift is actually about 3.5" and the 33s fit fine and only rub against the back of the wheel well at full turn. My buddy and I hollowed out the wheel wells and cut the inside lip off of all 3 flares. I ordered 2" wheel spacers so we'll see how it goes. As for the flare... That was lost on a trail in Vermont 2 years ago lol. :grim: Sooo just because you don't think it's possible... There's absolutely no reason to bash. My truck has over 300,000 miles on It and still drives like a little sports car... Only I NEVER avoid bumps or potholes :) ... I'd like to think I'm paving the way for those hat are scared to go above and beyond the norm...

Oh and I replaced that cheap Borla exhaust with a catback magnaflow that sounds shweeeet!

Author:  liquidxit2 [ Tue May 10, 2011 1:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 33s Coming soon to an 02 near you :)

To each their own. If you want to run 33's then run them and dont let anyone bash your ideas. Hell Im sure once upon a time people bashed those trying or wanting to run 32s on a KJ... :JEEPIN:

edit: Im looking to do a steel front diff and 4.10s before I go above the size I have now as Im worried about grenad'ing the d30a. I figure with DTT 4.10s front and rear and steel d30 with HD CVs I wont have any issues with the drivetrain.

Author:  tommudd [ Tue May 10, 2011 11:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 33s Coming soon to an 02 near you :)

Funny he thinks he is leading the way but still calls his Jeep a ............CAR :ROTFL:

Author:  LoneWolf-KJ [ Wed May 11, 2011 1:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 33s Coming soon to an 02 near you :)

Pote wrote:
joejeeper420 wrote:
02 liberty sport, renegade fender flares, smooth painted black bumpers with front bumper mod, 3" lift, custom 2 tone Interior based on the freedom edition, 31" STs tires, Borla exhaust, hi flow cats, header, CAI, cross drilled slotted rotors, full alpine / kicker system... And much more...

Image




NOT camber issues...it was simply starting to morph into Megatron when the pic was taken. Action photo is all. :P


Megatron is a Decepticon not an Autobot (it is an Autobot logo on the jeep) :ROTFL:

Author:  joejeeper420 [ Wed May 11, 2011 10:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 33s Coming soon to an 02 near you :)

Wow even the moderators are childish here. Tommudd as a moderator you should be adding some sort of constructive criticism... Not joining in on th bashing. How many of you have had the chance to put 300,000 miles on your JEEP??? how many have had yours for 10 years??? How many have loosened changed and or tightened EVERY single bolt on em??? I was bashed by my friends for buying a liberty... And now that I'm making it a very capable Vehicle... The owners of em are NO better than a bunch of r-i-c-e-r-s All I can say is WOW. shame on you jeep owners that know nothing better than incompetent bliss. Those that encouraged me... Your all cool.
:BINGO: :2cents:

Author:  bugnout [ Wed May 11, 2011 10:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 33s Coming soon to an 02 near you :)

Looks good. With 33's its the wieght thats the killer rather than how tall they are right?

Author:  liquidxit2 [ Wed May 11, 2011 11:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 33s Coming soon to an 02 near you :)

joejeeper420 wrote:
Wow even the moderators are childish here. Tommudd as a moderator you should be adding some sort of constructive criticism... Not joining in on th bashing. How many of you have had the chance to put 300,000 miles on your JEEP??? how many have had yours for 10 years??? How many have loosened changed and or tightened EVERY single bolt on em??? I was bashed by my friends for buying a liberty... And now that I'm making it a very capable Vehicle... The owners of em are NO better than a bunch of r-i-c-e-r-s All I can say is WOW. shame on you jeep owners that know nothing better than incompetent bliss. Those that encouraged me... Your all cool.
:BINGO: :2cents:


Like I said dont let the nay sayers get you down. As far as I can see the only thing you did wrong was kill a kitten by calling it a car. :P Other then that in the words of Joe Dirt: "Keep on keepin' on!" and do what makes YOU happy on YOUR jeep. Remember when people criticize that its not their jeep and not their funds that go into it.

Author:  joejeeper420 [ Wed May 11, 2011 1:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 33s Coming soon to an 02 near you :)

bugnout wrote:
Looks good. With 33's its the wieght thats the killer rather than how tall they are right?


Yeah FWIK It is the weight of them. If I don't go SFA I'll almost surely be getting the steel diff from marlin in the near future. I figure I just need the shell... I can fill it with all of my goodies that are already in my diff and also what's in my garage :)

Author:  joejeeper420 [ Wed May 11, 2011 1:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 33s Coming soon to an 02 near you :)

liquidxit2 wrote:
joejeeper420 wrote:
Wow even the moderators are childish here. Tommudd as a moderator you should be adding some sort of constructive criticism... Not joining in on th bashing. How many of you have had the chance to put 300,000 miles on your JEEP??? how many have had yours for 10 years??? How many have loosened changed and or tightened EVERY single bolt on em??? I was bashed by my friends for buying a liberty... And now that I'm making it a very capable Vehicle... The owners of em are NO better than a bunch of r-i-c-e-r-s All I can say is WOW. shame on you jeep owners that know nothing better than incompetent bliss. Those that encouraged me... Your all cool.
:BINGO: :2cents:


Like I said dont let the nay sayers get you down. As far as I can see the only thing you did wrong was kill a kitten by calling it a car. :P Other then that in the words of Joe Dirt: "Keep on keepin' on!" and do what makes YOU happy on YOUR jeep. Remember when people criticize that its not their jeep and not their funds that go into it.


So true man! Hey do you have any pics of the cargo rack you made? I've been toying with ideas... My buddy had a good idea for mounts on the headliner in the rear for survival tools like an axe and shovel etc. But gotta be careful... Don't want any flying projectiles lol.

Author:  liquidxit2 [ Wed May 11, 2011 1:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 33s Coming soon to an 02 near you :)

joejeeper420 wrote:
liquidxit2 wrote:
joejeeper420 wrote:
Wow even the moderators are childish here. Tommudd as a moderator you should be adding some sort of constructive criticism... Not joining in on th bashing. How many of you have had the chance to put 300,000 miles on your JEEP??? how many have had yours for 10 years??? How many have loosened changed and or tightened EVERY single bolt on em??? I was bashed by my friends for buying a liberty... And now that I'm making it a very capable Vehicle... The owners of em are NO better than a bunch of r-i-c-e-r-s All I can say is WOW. shame on you jeep owners that know nothing better than incompetent bliss. Those that encouraged me... Your all cool.
:BINGO: :2cents:


Like I said dont let the nay sayers get you down. As far as I can see the only thing you did wrong was kill a kitten by calling it a car. :P Other then that in the words of Joe Dirt: "Keep on keepin' on!" and do what makes YOU happy on YOUR jeep. Remember when people criticize that its not their jeep and not their funds that go into it.


So true man! Hey do you have any pics of the cargo rack you made? I've been toying with ideas... My buddy had a good idea for mounts on the headliner in the rear for survival tools like an axe and shovel etc. But gotta be careful... Don't want any flying projectiles lol.


Yeah I have a few:

Image
Image
Image
Image

Its a modified Phxtoad(sorry if I got your name wrong) design. I used 3/4in plywood and a 1/2in (I think) metal dowel bracketed down. The front rests on the seat latches and I drilled holes and zip tied it down. Works great for keeping gear up top and accessible while allowing me to load the bottom with luggage or whatever. I think I may modify it a bit more to make it easier to remove. All in all ~$20 well spent. :JEEPIN:

Author:  Fulltimer [ Thu May 12, 2011 8:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 33s Coming soon to an 02 near you :)

If someone on here steps out of the normal way of doing things they do tend to get bashed for doing it. The argument is that everything has been tried before so save your time and money. I have found out a couple of things that are out of the "normal" and just kept it to myself because of the comments. You can't think outside the box sometimes.

Terry

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/