| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| UOGod619's New 2k11 KK http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=60647 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | UOGod619 [ Thu May 12, 2011 9:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | UOGod619's New 2k11 KK |
![]() First thing done to it was window tint. I am currently looking for things for the KK but am having trouble finding aftermarket parts. I think I found a cold air intake aswell as a lift. Cold air intake I'm currently debating on is the following: K&N Product Information for 63-1559 63 Series Aircharger Kits > Air Intake / Cold Air Intake MOPAR c/a intake AEM BruteForce Lift: JBA 4" lift Wheels: XD122 Enduro 18x9 XD775 Rockstar 18x9 XD798 Addict Tires: NITTO TERRA Grappler Micky Thompson Baja STZ Anyone got any suggestions for light kits for HID lighting or new headlight housings/taillights? Smoked side markers and front turn signal? I'm considering just painting the inside of the headlights and turn signals. Then converting my rear lights to LED and smoking them to get a darker look rather then that bright RED. Any opinions would be great guys/gals. Sorry if this is considered spam. also I'm planning on painting all that chrome to a black if the dealership wont allow me to swap it out. |
|
| Author: | rockymountain [ Thu May 12, 2011 2:41 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: UOGod619's New 2k11 KK |
All your mods sound great except for the "cold" air intake. Don't waste your money on that. |
|
| Author: | blackwidowkj06 [ Thu May 12, 2011 5:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: UOGod619's New 2k11 KK |
rockymountain wrote: All your mods sound great except for the "cold" air intake. Don't waste your money on that. X2 Save your money for something better. Can't wait to see what it looks like when you're done!
|
|
| Author: | UOGod619 [ Fri May 13, 2011 4:22 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: UOGod619's New 2k11 KK |
Does anyone know of any HID kits that are good for the KK? I was looking to see if there were any on the net or if I'd have to retrofit an old Liberty one over or even a Commander. Also Anyone know of any places for custom head lights/ tail lights/ side markers? I can't seem to find anything for 2008+ KK. If anyone can help with some of these I'd greatly appreciate it. |
|
| Author: | UOGod619 [ Fri May 13, 2011 5:31 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: UOGod619's New 2k11 KK |
does anyone know of a fellow kk member who has a modified hood for cowl intake or a hole cut into the side fender for a snorkel or air intake for better breathing? I'm very curious about finding some cowl hoods. |
|
| Author: | liquidxit2 [ Fri May 13, 2011 11:02 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Re: UOGod619's New 2k11 KK |
rockymountain wrote: All your mods sound great except for the "cold" air intake. Don't waste your money on that. It gave me better throttle response and flattened the curve a bit. Did it make my jeep gain power or drive faster? No. In order to do that you need a proper flash to remove torque management. I went with the plastic k and n fipk system and I got a decent deal $200 shipped for my birthday. Would I buy it again? Yes. But then again I have exhaust and fastman and will be getting a flash. Plus one day ill be doing a rebuild like some others to maximize the 3.7. As far as which intake to get honestly I went with the plastic for better heat resistance and I'm glad I did as the fabbed metal systems I built got very hot very fast. Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk |
|
| Author: | At The Helm [ Fri May 13, 2011 12:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: UOGod619's New 2k11 KK |
As far as I know there aren't any direct custom replacements for any of the light or marker housing, unless you want to buy the mopar renegade headlights for $$$$$$. Here is a how to on doing the headlight housing blackout. Not sure if this would work for your turn signals too. viewtopic.php?f=88&t=55424&p=617182&hilit=Black+out+headlights#p617182 VHT nite shades or vinyl tint wrap can also be used to cover the outsides of any of your lights, signals, and markers if thats the look your going for. I know it aint legal in California though.... |
|
| Author: | At The Helm [ Fri May 13, 2011 12:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: UOGod619's New 2k11 KK |
And here is a picture of my homemade k&n intake i used to have and since removed. It made zero difference in throttle response, power, or gas mileage. Maybe having the full kit will do the trick, but I dont see how only having a smooth bore tube and heat sheild would make a huge difference.
|
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|