| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Fuel Tank Skid Plate http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=45867 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | tools113 [ Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Fuel Tank Skid Plate |
I am working on trying to get the OEM skid plate off my 99 XJ - what a pain in the UKNOW WHAT - the object of this whole mess is to get to Fuel sending unit. Bolts are all rusted in place - i've broken 2 so far plus 2 sockets and i'm still not there yet. |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Ouch. Much salt out there in teh Winter? Guessing it is gonna suck putting it back on eh? |
|
| Author: | Boiler [ Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
If he can get it out he can tap the holes to clean them out and put on new bolts with antisieze or clean the threads of the old bolts. Makes it a lot easier. I took someones skid off a couple weeks ago and I had to use a breaker bar the entire way, but when I put them in today I could do it with just my fingers the whole way after cleaning them up. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|