LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

My new Jeep XJ
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=50107
Page 1 of 1

Author:  JeepsterJohn2012 [ Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:09 pm ]
Post subject:  My new Jeep XJ

Last Saturday I picked up a 1993 Jeep Cherokee 2 Door 4x4
4.0L HO with 198,000 miles
Automatic Trans 4WD
It has some sort of ProComp Suspension lift on it.
Needs a lot of work, but hey I got it for $430.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeepsterjohn/4343864133/

Author:  dieselenthusiast [ Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My new Jeep XJ

Wow................... Good Find! I'll post a picture for you:

Image

Author:  DirtyKK [ Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My new Jeep XJ

that front skid plate is a little overkill haha. good find 8)

Author:  JeepsterJohn2012 [ Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My new Jeep XJ

Haha yea that skid plate.
I will try to get some new pics up as soon as I can.
Kinda crazy weather here. It's snowing. Haha.

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My new Jeep XJ

Nice find 8)

Author:  04jeepkj [ Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My new Jeep XJ

Sweet!!! Very nice find. Thats why I love the XJ you can find one cheaper than a TJ YJ in the same shape and can do so much with them for somewhat cheap.

Author:  Cali KJ [ Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My new Jeep XJ

$430? Thats sweet! :BANANA: I sure love my 2 door!

Author:  stumpjumper_09 [ Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My new Jeep XJ

Thats a heck of a find. Even more rare is that the Chevy is pulling the Jeep instead of the other way around.




GM :grim:

Author:  JJsTJ [ Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My new Jeep XJ

That was a steal! Out here you could part out a stock 2 door for way more $$. Whats your plans for it?

Author:  STINGN [ Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My new Jeep XJ

wicked awesome find...I found a 4 door on CL for $850 about the same specs as yours, I really wanted it

Author:  JeepsterJohn2012 [ Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My new Jeep XJ

It was almost 8 hours away and all I had were crappy cell phone pics and a "runs good" description. So I was very happy when I saw it in person. It actually started up, well I had to bring a battery...

First Plans (Just to get going good):
Fluid Change (everything, b/c you never know when that happened last! lol)
Fix the bent Track Bar (local pick & pull).
My friend has a used set of 265 TrXus MTs that hes going to sell me.
Fix the Passenger front control arm bracket, its bent, and then reinforce.
Replace the little window on the passenger door, it was busted out (now sporting black tape).
Just some other odds and ends.
The front bumper taken off and reworked, has a broken weld on the passenger side, maybe modify it a bit.

Later on:
Build/buy safari rack
Fender Trimming (ehh Idk if I can do it...)
33 inch something tires. And get a spare to match.
Lots O lights.
Find some nice seats, (the backseat is missing)
Aftermarket Gauges
New Springs (OME), New Shocks (Bilstein)

Far Out:
Rear bumper
Rework the 4.0...stroker
Air Lockers Front and Back.

These plans are just ideas, really just depends on what money I have left in my pockets!

Now the weather needs to get nicer and warmer so I can work on it! :JEEPIN:

Author:  dieselenthusiast [ Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My new Jeep XJ

Sounds like you have a pretty good plan. Keep us posted on your progress.

Author:  Waldo22 [ Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My new Jeep XJ

Nice find man. i love my 89 and my friend has a 93 and he really enjoys it. Best of luck to you! :BANANA:

Author:  JeepsterJohn2012 [ Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My new Jeep XJ

About time I finally got around to posting up some pictures of my XJ.
These pictures were taken shortly after I bought it. So this is the condition I bought it.
Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Image
They are just for looks.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Image
The quarter glass was missing. I fixed it... :shock:
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Image
It probably seemed like a good idea at the time...
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Image
Put a can of sea foam in the gas tank. :5SHOTS:
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Image
The AirCompresser was not included.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Image
This speaks for itself. Evidently driving this XJ makes you a punk... :?
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My new Jeep XJ

Thats going to be a project for sure :shock:

Author:  JeepsterJohn2012 [ Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My new Jeep XJ

So right before taking those pics I:
Added 2 quarts of ATF
Added a can of SeaFoam
Taped up the passenger quarter glass
Cut off the passenger mirror which was just hanging
The hood barely opened so I loaded it up with PBlaster now it sort of pops up
Picked up a lot of trash inside (found some tools :BANANA: )

The bent LCA brackets and the bent trackbar make it handle sort of weird.... but that never stopped anyone from driving it.
So a couple weeks ago I got this great Idea to drive the &#$@ out of it. Well I took it through the ATV trails my dad has at the house and was very impressed. Then we were hauling through the fields ramping off the terraces...

Ended up shifting the axle a bit more into my oil pan.. put a small gouge in it.

Had a little cash so I decided to start working on it a bit.

I took the axle, bumper, grille off. I learned that this has been done before. The hardware on here is scary. I found like a 1/4" bolt holding my upper control arm on... :dead: .

The bumpstops have deteriorated and the Rancho RS5000 shocks are just sort of pieces of dented metal now.

Image
Removed the axle. We tried straighting the LCA brackets and were planning on reinforcing. However the passenger side was crinkled.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Image
Factory VS. Rusty's 1/4in LCA Brackets
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That's all for now.

Anyone have suggestions on how to prep the axle for paint. Any affordable paint recommendations?

- John
Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Image
Cut off the old bracket. Grinding it down smooth and preparing to weld up the Rusty's bracket.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Image
There it is welded up.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Author:  dieselenthusiast [ Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My new Jeep XJ

Diggerfreek wrote:
Thats going to be a project for sure :shock:


:shock: yeah, lots of work......... But hey, for the price..............

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My new Jeep XJ

dieselenthusiast wrote:
Diggerfreek wrote:
Thats going to be a project for sure :shock:


:shock: yeah, lots of work......... But hey, for the price..............



I know :P

Author:  stumpjumper_09 [ Thu May 06, 2010 7:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My new Jeep XJ

suggestion #1 wear pants without holes when grinding.

suggestion #2 BEDLINER!!!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/