| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Tire Help http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=50453 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | jeepinkelly [ Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:08 am ] |
| Post subject: | Tire Help |
I have a 2000 Cherokee sport with a 5.5" Rubicon Epress Lift. I currently have BFG A/T 265x75x16's on it. I am going to purchase BFG KM2's. I am debating on whether to stay with the 265's or go to the next size up to 285's. I would like some imput from any XJ owners with this type of tire and sizes. |
|
| Author: | dieselenthusiast [ Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:34 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tire Help |
Pics of your XJ please
|
|
| Author: | kskj [ Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tire Help |
These are 32 inch swamper radials on 15 inch rims on my brothers XJ.
|
|
| Author: | 04jeepkj [ Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tire Help |
How bout 34X10.5XR15?? Super Swamper TSLs
|
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tire Help |
Didn't trust JJ? Serious though, My Ex XJ, w/ 285's w/ 4.10's is Perfect. A little more gear might be nice but overall drivability on and off road is great w/ that size. I wouldn't waste my time w/ 32's as you will just wish you went bigger. |
|
| Author: | jeepinkelly [ Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:02 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tire Help |
JJsKJ wrote: Didn't trust JJ? Serious though, My Ex XJ, w/ 285's w/ 4.10's is Perfect. A little more gear might be nice but overall drivability on and off road is great w/ that size. I wouldn't waste my time w/ 32's as you will just wish you went bigger. JJ, I am wondering if I did go with the 285's would I notice any difference in power loss? Most likely I will not be getting gears or lockers. |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tire Help |
KellysKJ wrote: JJsKJ wrote: Didn't trust JJ? Serious though, My Ex XJ, w/ 285's w/ 4.10's is Perfect. A little more gear might be nice but overall drivability on and off road is great w/ that size. I wouldn't waste my time w/ 32's as you will just wish you went bigger. JJ, I am wondering if I did go with the 285's would I notice any difference in power loss? Most likely I will not be getting gears or lockers. Any idea what the gearing is now? If it is stock, I'd not go over the 32's. |
|
| Author: | rokee1998 [ Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tire Help |
I am running BFG 32X11.5X15 A/T KO'S, I will be upgrading to the KM2's for my next set, I am not running 33'se cause of clearance issues, been very happy with the odd tire size I have. Gets driven everyday, and they are wearing well |
|
| Author: | jeepinkelly [ Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:10 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tire Help |
JJsKJ wrote: KellysKJ wrote: JJsKJ wrote: Didn't trust JJ? :c Any idea what the gearing is now? If it is stock, I'd not go over the 32's. Gears are stock. So point taken on the 32's, I don't want my XJ so slow that little old ladies are passing me giving me the finger.LOL... |
|
| Author: | jeepinkelly [ Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:14 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tire Help |
rokee1998 wrote: I am running BFG 32X11.5X15 A/T KO'S, I will be upgrading to the KM2's for my next set, I am not running 33'se cause of clearance issues, been very happy with the odd tire size I have. Gets driven everyday, and they are wearing well I would have to trim more for the 285's as well. Not to mention needing a bigger spare tire. Chances are I'll stay with the 265's. BTW, Any pics of your XJ? |
|
| Author: | rokee1998 [ Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:15 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tire Help |
I would have to trim more for the 285's as well. Not to mention needing a bigger spare tire. Chances are I'll stay with the 265's. BTW, Any pics of your XJ? ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
|
| Author: | jeepinkelly [ Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:08 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tire Help |
Nice XJ . |
|
| Author: | rokee1998 [ Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:47 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tire Help |
THX |
|
| Author: | jeepinkelly [ Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:58 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tire Help |
Thanks to everyone for their advice and pics! I did order my tires yesterday. I stayed with 32's, and I will be happy with them. Now, for the next mods! |
|
| Author: | jeepinkelly [ Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tire Help |
Here's a picture of my XJ and new tires.I now have boulder bars on since this picture and theIPF offroad lights will be installed on the Yakima Rack anyday. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... 1372929386 |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|