| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| New to the XJ market http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=52004 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | STINGN [ Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | New to the XJ market |
I am on the fence on buying an XJ...it might be lifted already or it might not be. anyone with an XJ or XJ knowledge let me know stuff to look for that might go bad, to know how it runs differently if I drive it and if something is wrong with one I want, I will post here to see if it is worth it. |
|
| Author: | dieselenthusiast [ Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New to the XJ market |
Honestly, it really depends on how much you want to spend and the purpose in which you are going to use it. I’m building mine to be a daily driver with good off-road capabilities. I paid $2,200 for my stock XJ and plan to do a lot to it in the years to come. In my opinion, the XJ is a very reliable vehicle with a plethora of aftermarket parts. |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:30 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New to the XJ market |
Look for the same issues that you would see in most any vehicle when shopping them: Leaks (the 4.0L six is prone to rear main, valve cover - which can be misdiagnosed as RM seal leak, etc) shimmies & shakes, tracking, look underneath at the frame areas for covered up damage from accidents, smog equipment intact and recent good smog check, function of transfer case - listen for chain noise (slapping sound) diff gear whine, etc. XJ's are pretty robust and they can last a long time. Let us know what you find and post up links, pics and we can help you spend your money.
|
|
| Author: | Ertsride1 [ Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New to the XJ market |
I got an xj for you...1992 Cherokee Laredo 4x4 4dr aw4 trans and np231 41/2" rough country lift 33x12.50x15 tires $2000obo |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|