| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| odometer trip meter on a car navigation? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=47755 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | scooter_scum [ Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | odometer trip meter on a car navigation? |
I have a Garmin 60sx and love it. Very good all round GPS. It has spoiled me with such info as "Moving Average speed", "Average Speed", Trip Meter, Odometer, etc. I can't seem to find those features in most "car Navigation" systems. I need a more car oriented GPS for my 16 year old and would like these features for big trips. Suggestions? Closest I've come is the very expensive Zumo Series. |
|
| Author: | scooter_scum [ Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Well I guess I will have to answer my own questions. I've been searching high and low. It appears that "most" Garmin have a hidden display on most GPS Units. Touch the Speed displayed in the lower right corner and it will take you to a different display. Garmin is doing some really smart stuff. They have a new "Eco-Route" to be release next year. Ties into the CAR Computer via OBD II port to monitor car functions. A bit expensive but really cool. See link below. http://green.autoblog.com/2009/11/09/ga ... pear-soon/ Hope the info helps! |
|
| Author: | tomsjeep [ Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
thanks for answering your own post... I did not know about that feature... I'll have to give it a try on my Nuvi. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|