LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

How many miles to expect from stock tires?
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1214
Page 1 of 1

Author:  LibertyCRD [ Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:48 pm ]
Post subject:  How many miles to expect from stock tires?

Guys...how many miles on average can I expect to get from these OEM 225/75 Goodyear STs?? I want to know how long it's going to be before the wife will let me replace them with something better. :cry:

Author:  DaGuru [ Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:38 am ]
Post subject:  How many miles to expect from stock tires?

I have just over 50K on mine. You could say that I tourchured'em too. :twisted:

So, I'd say that with a habbit of proper rotation, inflation, etc one could expect to get somewhere in the neighborhood of 55-65K. However, their not that great of a tire so replace them as soon as you can. You could probably find a buyer for them, someone who drives a Toyota or other light truck would probably love them.

Author:  Tightwadsjeeper [ Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:38 pm ]
Post subject: 

Freakin' Forever.... they wear like iron.

Luis

Author:  OKJeep [ Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:17 am ]
Post subject: 

In your case, I would not align them and maybe let some air out of them. This should speed the wear and she will see how bad they are and you'll have a new set before you know it!

Author:  gundrted [ Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:02 am ]
Post subject: 

mine lasted about 6500 miles :twisted:

after almost getting stuck in 2in of snow and having to run full time 4x4 in the rain i was done. lift went in and tires came off.

anyone what a set ........ LOL ..... they dont have much ware but not good on a high torque motor, or in the snow, or in the rain and really they look kind of wimpie too ......... ok i'm down ranting 8)

Author:  Guest [ Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

On the otherhand, just enuff miles to reach the nearest Discount Tire Store.

BTW; DaGuru, you really need to resize that avatar. :shock:

Author:  DaGuru [ Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

OKJeep wrote:
In your case, I would not align them and maybe let some air out of them. This should speed the wear and she will see how bad they are and you'll have a new set before you know it!


I'll second that. Boy, wish I had thought of that! :twisted: The OEM shoes suck!


I'll pass on Discount Tire. I used to like'em, but they quoted me 160.00 each for P245 Revos and that was after the rebate. Gag!

Author:  Marlon_JBT [ Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mine are half worn after 15k. They're coming off this week. :)

Author:  DaGuru [ Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:21 am ]
Post subject: 

I had a similar problem when I hit 15K, but with my front tires. Turns out the stealership didn't perform the lower ball joint replacement, but claimed they had. (No wonder my receipt said I had a red jeep when in fact its black :roll: ) Seems that my front tires were being scrubbed to death. After I got the joints replaced (@ 40K) I filed a complaint with Jeep, their reimbursing me for the replacements I had to buy at 15K.

So, in my earlier post, I'm gauging me 51K now on the two remaining OEM tires. :wink:

Author:  Liberator84 [ Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:30 am ]
Post subject: 

I've got 22,000 miles at 80 miles an hour 6 days a week about 45-50 miles a day :twisted: on mine and they are being rotated next week. Still plenty of meat on them.

Trying to kill them so I can get the RUBI rims and tires.

BTW, any one else have the OEM rims that comes with the sport? Are your rims starting to rust?

~JUD 8)

Author:  Marlon_JBT [ Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yup, mine are beginning to rust. Quite sad, however, inevitable. The paint job on these things isn't exactly the best.

Author:  Liberator84 [ Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:25 am ]
Post subject: 

Marlon_JBT wrote:
Yup, mine are beginning to rust. Quite sad, however, inevitable. The paint job on these things isn't exactly the best.


Can we get them replaced by the dealer or is that not on the warranty?

~JUD 8)

Author:  Edwin [ Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mine lasted barely past 15,000. Just like that other Ol boy said "good for a year" :cry:

Author:  auggy [ Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

I just went offroading today on this trail near here that was made to check oil lines and I ran into some trouble with the law up one of the lines. To make a long story short I had to make a quick escape and my tires slid on the rocks on the way out causing me to do a giant burnout (smoke and everything in a KJ) when the tires caught traction on the road. I don't think my tires are going to last much longer and I only have 2,600 miles on them =(

Author:  Marlon_JBT [ Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

You can try to get them replaced, but, I doubt that would happen.

BTW: The tires did come off this week. ;)

Image

Author:  priell3 [ Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

I didn't estimate a lifespan, but I did replace them at 8600 miles for something better.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/