It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:49 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
I dont have ABS or ESP and Ive never needed it. :)

Just gotta learn how to drive without it. You cant just lock the brakes up if someone pulls out infront of you. It can be hard to over comes that reaction.

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:56 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
I hope I never have to own a vehicle with either one! I grew up on farms and back roads and just knowing how to drive in any condition, I dont need electronic stuff to do it for me, plus its just more things to go wrong on down the road

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:00 pm 
Jeepjeepster wrote:
I dont have ABS or ESP and Ive never needed it. :)

Just gotta learn how to drive without it. You cant just lock the brakes up if someone pulls out infront of you. It can be hard to over comes that reaction.


I thought 02 Sports were the only KJs without ABS?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:04 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
ThunderbirdJunkie wrote:
Jeepjeepster wrote:
I dont have ABS or ESP and Ive never needed it. :)

Just gotta learn how to drive without it. You cant just lock the brakes up if someone pulls out infront of you. It can be hard to over comes that reaction.


I thought 02 Sports were the only KJs without ABS?
I believe '05 ABS was standard,'04's and below it was a option.My '02 limited doesn't have ABS either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:58 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:02 pm
Posts: 548
Location: Aberdeen, SD
idk i have an 05 and i have never heard a sound that the abs was working. I guess I never really slammed on the brakes but im almost positive that I dont have it.

_________________
Its a Jeep Thing...
IF CAPS LOOK IS ON IM AT WORK DONT WORRY BOUT IT IM NOT YELLING HAHA

2005 RENEGADE 4X4
2.5 RUSTYS LIFT
245/75/16 GOODYEAR MTR'S
FULL TINT
13 MILES TO THE GALLON.....GOD darn HAHA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:02 pm 
Offline
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:34 am
Posts: 503
Location: Richmond, CA
My '05 Renegade does not have ABS, I think it started in '06 with the ESP.

_________________
2005 Blue KJ Renegade
Too big to fit into most LA parking garages.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:44 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:22 am
Posts: 51
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Diggerfreek wrote:
like i said, it really took the fun out of the power slide..


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
06 Sport
05 BMW R1200GS "the other Jeep"
1972 Triumph TR6R "Bettie"
http://www.cardomain.com/id/pinecone59


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com