LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

I would like it if.......
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24778
Page 1 of 2

Author:  deserthorizons [ Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:02 pm ]
Post subject:  I would like it if.......

I think I would like the new Liberty much better if it had a body color front..
All that chrome just doesn't do it for me..

So If anyone here is any good a PhotoChop

Could you do a very basic colorization of the front.?

leave the round chrome ring around the 2 lights on either side..

Image

TIA

Author:  DarbyWalters [ Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

I would be more fond of the KK if:

They put the more powerful 4.0L (since a diesel is out of the question right now)...made the wheel openings a bit larger so 32's would fit without any problems (that is not too much to ask)...make the "headlights" a plus with HIDs and/or Projector Beams...Had an "UpCountry" option from the factory (1"-1.5" of lift with 32 ATs)...could make a "Woody" version that looked good (with the Sky Roof it would be unique)...Two Tone version with a "gunmetal grey" from the belt line down with "gunmetal wheels"...

Author:  corwyyn [ Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

OK DH, here's two versions. One with the chrome around the headlights, one with no chrome on the front:
Image

Image

Author:  DarbyWalters [ Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

Funny how a small change like that chages the look so much...it minimizes the light pod...better proportions

Author:  Lucas718 [ Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

The Sport version comes with a body colored grill like that. Only the Limiteds get the chrome.

Author:  tommudd [ Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:30 am ]
Post subject: 

now take and color in around each light and with the body color grill I think I could maybe sorta like it :? :wink:

Author:  ryno [ Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:41 am ]
Post subject: 

I was wondering what a KK would look like with Moabs and beefy tires. Here's my attempt using MS Paint...

Image

Any thoughts? If you squint really hard and mess up your face a bit then it doesn't look half bad! :wink:

Author:  Rush345 [ Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:41 am ]
Post subject:  The Photoshop is nice work

Would you mind doing the photo shop one more time but make all the chrome black like the mirrors and door handles. That might look even better then the matching body color???

Author:  Pablo [ Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:54 am ]
Post subject: 

It looks much better without the bling grill. The lights and chrome grill just draw way too much attention from the rest of the vehicle. Chop the bumper a bit and lift it and it should look better still.

Author:  Rush345 [ Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:19 am ]
Post subject: 

Pablo wrote:
It looks much better without the bling grill. The lights and chrome grill just draw way too much attention from the rest of the vehicle. Chop the bumper a bit and lift it and it should look better still.


If they have photo shop black all the chrome peices like the mirrors and door handles and put a set of Rock Lizzards bumpers on just to see what it look like????

Author:  corwyyn [ Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:22 am ]
Post subject: 

OK, one more time (actually two). One with everything but the headlights changed to body color, and one black. Maybe black would look better on a real KK, or maybe better on a different image, but it really doesn't do much for me in this one.

Body color:
Image

Black:
Image

Author:  Rush345 [ Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:39 am ]
Post subject:  I Like it

Thats great work blacking out all the chrome and with the Black addtionally makeing the head light look round it's starting to look like a Jeep at long LAST . Now just figure out a way to put the tire on the back and put an extra gas tank where the spare used to sit and it might be able to be passed off as a Jeep :P :twisted: :P :twisted: :lol:

Author:  tommudd [ Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:43 am ]
Post subject: 

Almost starting to like it now with that all blacked out. TOO MUCH Chrome for my tastes, esp around the headlights! Thanks for doing that!!!

Author:  Lucas718 [ Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:13 am ]
Post subject: 

corwyyn wrote:
Body color:
Image



Now THAT looks like a Jeep! If I get one (still undecided between a KK and a JK) then I will definitely get that area around the headlights painted. That looks a million times better.

Author:  ctr05kj [ Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:16 am ]
Post subject: 

Now Corwyn.. your onto something..
Loved the gunmetal gray/ body colored grille with the round headlights and defined fog/driving lights..

With that look. I'd even buy one.. To me it still says liberty looking like that photoshop work.

Author:  ctr05kj [ Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:20 am ]
Post subject: 

All that it needs now are the pocketed
style fender flares !!!!

And it's very renegade-esque w/ the flat long hood..

Hope some jeep exec's/marketing people read this forum...

I noticed the windshield Apillars still have the KJ look to it.. Just wish they could have integrated the KJ style tail lights onto the back end.

Author:  deserthorizons [ Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:46 am ]
Post subject: 

Now I like this.. Thanks Corwyn..
I am sure Jeep tried this combination, but for some reason decided against it..

Image

It looks much more like a Jeep..

Author:  jerbacher [ Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

[quote="deserthorizons"]Now I like this.. Thanks Corwyn..
I am sure Jeep tried this combination, but for some reason decided against it..
quote]

They probably decided against it because its ugly... :lol: just kidding, just my opinion!
Well, not just kidding cause i do think its ugly, but no offense just my $.02.

The round headlights look great on wranglers and libertys because the top of the hood rounds over with the lights creating a concentric cirlce situation. When you have the round headlights under a square frame hood like that, it just doesnt look quite right.

Thats why the front of the patriot looks a wee bit funny:
Image

and the wrangler looks good!:
Image

Author:  Rush345 [ Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

corwyyn wrote:
OK, one more time (actually two). One with everything but the headlights changed to body color, and one black. Maybe black would look better on a real KK, or maybe better on a different image, but it really doesn't do much for me in this one.

Body color:
Image

Black:
Image


I'm not sure if we can get around the flat hood thing, maybe a shaker hood could help. But I'm sure since somebody mentioned aftermarket folks are looking over our shoulders, that some fender flair extensions could bolt on and allow some bigger meats. But I like the contrast of the black instead of chome or paint. But I think all agree both are starting to look more like a Jeep, instead of some Euro Box Car :P :P :P

Author:  2006KJSPORT4x4 [ Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

I like those wheels on the KK...wonder 1. if they would fit on a KJ and 2. Who would be quick to give me a set if they actually do???

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/