LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

MPG
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=49735
Page 1 of 4

Author:  E2 [ Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:30 pm ]
Post subject:  MPG

I know this must be somewhere, but could not find it.

What is everyone getting for mpg?

My average since I got my liberty is 17 mpg.
Los Angeles Area
Tow in summers a few times.
Don't use cruise control.
Cruise on the freeway about 70-75
Drive on highway and streets about the same maybe more highway say 60%
I like to floor it on starts from time to time.
Best mpg 20.1 mpg and worse 14.7 mpg why not sure? 20.1 mpg freeway.

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MPG

KM2's on steel... 14 to 15 city
KO's on Alumi. 15 to 16 city

Author:  Elt31987 [ Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MPG

Whats the best way to calculate without the EVIC, i usually fill up and drive to half a tank, multiple the tripometer by 2 then divide by 19.5? Any other ideas?

Author:  DirtyKK [ Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MPG

i usually get about 16.5 mpg, ive bought an intake and a jet chip to hopefully help. best way to figure is start with a full take and reset your trip. run it down and fill it back up. divide number of miles on the trip by how many gallons it took to fill.

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MPG

If you have larger then stock tires your trip/odo will be off.

Author:  E2 [ Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: MPG

DirtyKK wrote:
i usually get about 16.5 mpg, ive bought an intake and a jet chip to hopefully help. best way to figure is start with a full take and reset your trip. run it down and fill it back up. divide number of miles on the trip by how many gallons it took to fill.


Yeah what he said. I write down my mileage and the amount of gallons each time a fill up. I fill up the entire tank, I am not sure but I think it does not matter, but not going to figure it out right now. So I have about 21k on my liberty KK and recored all the times I filled up and get 17 mpg I wish it was more like 19, how can I get there? I know the oil thickness makes a difference, but not sure what the dealership uses. Also gas in winter versus summer is different. Also California gas versus Arizona gas is different. Thoughts?

Author:  onlyina [ Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: MPG

I get around 17-18 combined.I only have 3000 miles so expect it to get a little better.I installed a scan gauge about a month ago and I have improved mileage by keeping my foot off the gas.One thing scangauge tells you is to fill up at the same pump to get the true mileage.Makes sense,angle of tank/nozzle auto shut off etc. I have noticed that the cold weather (12-15 F here) can make a difference of -1 to -2 mpg. I calculated 20mpg on 1 tankful a couple of weeks ago but it could be that I used a different gas station.

Author:  tools113 [ Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MPG

Average 20 MPG
Highway - 70 -75 mph - 23 mpg

Author:  Fatnate [ Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MPG

When I fill up I set the trip to 0. Then the next time I fill up, I divide the miles I've gone by the amount of gas it took to fill the Jeep full. I'm I on high end of 19 (19.5-19.8).

Author:  hrogi [ Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MPG

On freeways we get 20 when driving 75 and under
on streets we get 15.5

Sadly it gets driving on streets 90% of the time

Author:  E2 [ Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MPG

onlyina wrote:
I get around 17-18 combined.I only have 3000 miles so expect it to get a little better.I installed a scan gauge about a month ago and I have improved mileage by keeping my foot off the gas.One thing scangauge tells you is to fill up at the same pump to get the true mileage.Makes sense,angle of tank/nozzle auto shut off etc. I have noticed that the cold weather (12-15 F here) can make a difference of -1 to -2 mpg. I calculated 20mpg on 1 tankful a couple of weeks ago but it could be that I used a different gas station.


That's pretty good. The first few tanks during the break in stage I got 14.5 to 16.6 mpg then after the 3000 miles oil change then started gettting 17-20 mpg

Author:  E2 [ Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MPG

tools113 wrote:
Average 20 MPG
Highway - 70 -75 mph - 23 mpg



I wonder if your chip and air filter made the difference? Did you see this 20 mpg after? what was it before?

Author:  Elt31987 [ Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MPG

So basically, if you have larger than stock tires and dont have the EVIC the only way to calculate mileage would be to get like a code reader or equivelent that tells you MPGs in real time?

Author:  Elt31987 [ Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MPG

The average Revs Per Mile for a 245/75/16 is about 684 and for the original 225/75/16 is 708. Would the 245/75 have worse or better MPG based on Revs Per Mile?

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MPG

Elt31987 wrote:
So basically, if you have larger than stock tires and dont have the EVIC the only way to calculate mileage would be to get like a code reader or equivelent that tells you MPGs in real time?

Both those and the evics are notoriously incorrect.Use a GPS to track your actual driven miles and divide by how many gallons used is the only way.

Author:  wecwbe [ Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: MPG

I've only had my KK about 5 weeks and it has 2,000 miles on it. From what I hear, I should wait a bit longer to get an accurate reading since mileage changes over the first few thousand miles so I'll wait a bit longer before voting in the poll.

So far the mileage has been great compared to the EPA estimate of 15/21. The lowest I have gotten for a tankful is about 19 MPG and the highest is 23. I do a mix of city and highway driving. My EVIC seems a little inconsistent.The first time I checked it against dividing miles driven by gallons used it was right on. The second time it was about 5% lower than the actual MPG. I don't have enough data points to have a firm opinion of it yet.

On one trip to Denver (about 50 miles) my EVIC said I got 27.5 MPG. :shock: I was trying to maximize mileage on that trip but I think that reading had to be high (although it would be great if it was accurate).

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: MPG

wecwbe wrote:
I've only had my KK about 5 weeks and it has 2,000 miles on it. From what I hear, I should wait a bit longer to get an accurate reading since mileage changes over the first few thousand miles so I'll wait a bit longer before voting in the poll.

So far the mileage has been great compared to the EPA estimate of 15/21. The lowest I have gotten for a tankful is about 19 MPG and the highest is 23. I do a mix of city and highway driving. My EVIC seems a little inconsistent.The first time I checked it against dividing miles driven by gallons used it was right on. The second time it was about 5% lower than the actual MPG. I don't have enough data points to have a firm opinion of it yet.

On one trip to Denver (about 50 miles) my EVIC said I got 27.5 MPG. :shock: I was trying to maximize mileage on that trip but I think that reading had to be high (although it would be great if it was accurate).



Ah, if your motor act like mine, you will notice it free up around 5K

Author:  onlyina [ Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: MPG

It seems like the 2010 changes with the fuel saving devices really work!

Author:  DirtyKK [ Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: MPG

Elt31987 wrote:
The average Revs Per Mile for a 245/75/16 is about 684 and for the original 225/75/16 is 708. Would the 245/75 have worse or better MPG based on Revs Per Mile?


your mileage would show worse. since your tires are larger you will have driven more miles then your trip would say you had. when you divide with the # of gallons of gas you would be dividing by a lower number then what is accurate. making it seem as if your mileage is actually worse then it is.

Author:  Elt31987 [ Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: MPG

DirtyKK wrote:
Elt31987 wrote:
The average Revs Per Mile for a 245/75/16 is about 684 and for the original 225/75/16 is 708. Would the 245/75 have worse or better MPG based on Revs Per Mile?


your mileage would show worse. since your tires are larger you will have driven more miles then your trip would say you had. when you divide with the # of gallons of gas you would be dividing by a lower number then what is accurate. making it seem as if your mileage is actually worse then it is.


HMM ill have to try and do the math, my friend said if i divide 708 by 684, then multiply that by the miles my Tripometer says that will give me a more accurate mileage. Any mathmagicians want to comment?

Page 1 of 4 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/