It is currently Sun Oct 04, 2026 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re:KK 6" lift.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:49 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:17 pm
Posts: 25
Hi Guys,

Excuse me for I haven't posted any photos of the car as yet as I am new to the website and it seems like I have to post the photo elsewhere and then link the URL to this website "will be doing that shortly".

As I mentioned in my earlier post I had a drama with my steering rack because of the 6" lift, anyway this resulted in big issue with jeep dealership and ended up with them taking the car off the warranty, anyway after much discussion with the dealer I was told if I want the warranty I have to drop the car to the standard stock height. This option I am not in favor with because of the money and effort and the lots of time spent working on research to get the car the way it looks. But the dealer told me there are chance for the steering rack to go again and also a chance to break my drive shaft.
In the past couple of days I have spent the time on formulating the mater and I have dropped the car about 1.5" and dropped the tire to 31.6" to relief some of the stress on the front, so the car now is about 4±" high in lift. I am trial testing and thinking if this works with no problem then I will keep the car lifted and not to worry about the dealer warranty seeing that my car is new and I have very low mileage.
My question is; have any of you guys had any problem with the drive shaft or steering rack or any mechanical issues with the 4" lift?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:KK 6" lift.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:10 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:59 pm
Posts: 2127
Location: Navarre FL
what year is your rig? 08s have a weak steering rack from the start. there are at least two people with 08s that have had to replace their rack. one has his lift a little more then 3.5" and the other has his with almost 5" of lift. the 09s and up are suppose to have a stronger steering rack so if you were to replace one it would be the best replacement. do you have any sort of cradle drop to prevent too severe of angles on the cv's, ball joints and steering? im not sure how much lift i have for sure maybe 4-4.5" but my center of wheel to bottom of fender flare measurement is about 22.75" or 23" and i have not had a problem with the steering on mine yet. i know its only a matter of time cause i have replaced plenty of other things, not necessarily due to the lift but this thing sure does like to break on me. having overly large tires to turn is probably also a big concern for the stock steering because the two guys that have had theirs gone out are on 33" tires, im on 32s.

cant wait for the pics :JEEPIN: i wanna see some detailed ones of the suspension and what components did you use?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:KK 6" lift.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:26 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:59 pm
Posts: 2127
Location: Navarre FL
as for the pics...

go to photobucket.com
register
upload pictures from your computer to the website
after upload, each picture with have an image code you copy and paste into the forum


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com