LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Changing my Diffenential oil
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=56085
Page 1 of 1

Author:  enirco1 [ Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Changing my Diffenential oil

Hi there, I'm about to do my differentials, wondering if I could use the 75w-140 synthetic gear lubricant on the front and back? Will I void my warrenty and will it do any harm? Also, I can't find how many litres I need....would appreciate any help.
Thanks, Enrico.

Author:  Idaho08KK [ Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Changing my Diffenential oil

I run Mopar 75w140 synthetic in both diffs on my '08. It won't void your warranty. Mine takes 2 quarts per diff, total of 4 quarts.

Author:  Elt31987 [ Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Changing my Diffenential oil

I run Mobil 1 75w 140 front and back

Author:  enirco1 [ Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Changing my Diffenential oil

Thanks for the help.

Author:  Superliberty [ Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Changing my Diffenential oil

This site has the lube chart for jeeps
http://www.stu-offroad.com/misc/maint.htm

Author:  Cherrie 274 [ Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Changing my Diffenential oil

Glad I found this thread because I screwed up.I was changing my rear diff oil and decided to paint the cover. While waiting for the paint to dry(Finally put it in the oven) I decided to change the front.Grabbed the gear lube and filled the front, with the lube I had out for the rear.75-140 so I put it in both the front and rear.
Image
Image

Author:  lefty's pride [ Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Changing my Diffenential oil

is that Pepto-Bismol pink?

Author:  Cherrie 274 [ Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Changing my Diffenential oil

Watermelon, and no you wouldn't understand. :-)r

Author:  Marlon_JBT [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Changing my Diffenential oil

Well Cherrie, at least I'll definitely know who you are on the road now. So if you see my Blue Renegade honking and me waving, it's me. Wave back. :D

Author:  das4x4 [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Changing my Diffenential oil

Painting the diff cover isn't new, but I have to admit, I've never seen one painted "watermelon". Kudos for the originality. What about putting some little black seeds on it? :D

Author:  Cherrie 274 [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Changing my Diffenential oil

Had to repaint it because I used brake parts cleaner on it and removed some of the paint.
So I used watermelon,and at Church I was told it looks like a baboon butt. :shock:
But I like it.
Marlon forget the wave come up and help! :lol:

Author:  Superliberty [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Changing my Diffenential oil

lol..... baboons butt!!! :-)r ok. I am doing mine soon. This diff cover looks very durable.

http://www.rokmen.com/tj_products/diffe ... overs.html

Author:  DirtyKK [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Changing my Diffenential oil

fyi i would venture to guess that not all diff covers will fit on a KK because of the trackbar. im pretty sure if i still had the stock trackbar with my rockcrusher diff cover it would hit under flex or be entirely too close for comfort anyway.

Author:  DirtyKK [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Changing my Diffenential oil

fyi i would venture to guess that not all diff covers will fit on a KK because of the trackbar. im pretty sure if i still had the stock trackbar with my rockcrusher diff cover it would hit under flex or be entirely too close for comfort anyway.

Author:  enirco1 [ Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Changing my Diffenential oil

I planing to get the Ruff stuff diff cover i like to know does it fit ok on the 08 :?: . I would like to Paint the diff cover also what kind of paint do i need :?: and do you have to put it in the oven to dry. :?:

Author:  Cherrie 274 [ Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Changing my Diffenential oil

enirco1 wrote:
I planing to get the Ruff stuff diff cover i like to know does it fit ok on the 08 :?: . I would like to Paint the diff cover also what kind of paint do i need :?: and do you have to put it in the oven to dry. :?:

I just used a rattle can. I had to put in the oven because of our weather,DAMP. It just speed up drying time.
At work our Chief Engineer tied a rope to my hitch so I had a tail to go with my baboon butt. :ROTFL:

Author:  nightdrv [ Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Changing my Diffenential oil

lefty's pride wrote:
Why is it Pepto-Bismol pink?



:-)r

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/