LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Picture request: KK windshield fluid resevour
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=56531
Page 1 of 1

Author:  bugnout [ Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Picture request: KK windshield fluid resevour

I believe this is combined with your coolant overflow resevour.

Anyone have a picture?

Author:  BrendonR [ Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Picture request: KK windshield fluid resevour

Not Positive if they're "connected"... and I don't have a picture right now..

BUT yes, they are both up front, washer fluid on the drivers side, coolant the passenger side.

...





..

btw - thanks for reminding me, I haven't checked my washer fluid in probably.... 6+ months.

Author:  DetroitKK [ Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Picture request: KK windshield fluid resevour

Yeah they are basically "connected" as in they are made of the same mold of plastic. I left my camera at work, but heres the closest thing I have to a picture of the reservoir.

Image


If you want, I would be happy to take some more pics tomorrow afternoon and post em for ya!

Author:  bugnout [ Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Picture request: KK windshield fluid resevour

DetroitKK wrote:
Yeah they are basically "connected" as in they are made of the same mold of plastic. I left my camera at work, but heres the closest thing I have to a picture of the reservoir.

If you want, I would be happy to take some more pics tomorrow afternoon and post em for ya!


Thanks for posting the picture. I thought the reservoirs were on the firewall, not at the grill. Are All KK's the same? I was hoping to find a bolt on replacement for the KJ and finally move that reservoir from the right wheel wheel.

Author:  DetroitKK [ Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Picture request: KK windshield fluid resevour

No problem. As far as I know the engine bay is pretty much the same for the 08-10 KKs but I've been wrong before, so who knows...

Author:  jerwhite [ Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Picture request: KK windshield fluid resevour

I hope so because I just refilled mine. Mine is split, driver=windshield front, passenger=windshield back. Overflow is right by firewall on passenger side.

Author:  DetroitKK [ Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Picture request: KK windshield fluid resevour

jerwhite wrote:
I hope so because I just refilled mine. Mine is split, driver=windshield front, passenger=windshield back. Overflow is right by firewall on passenger side.


Oh no.... Please tell me you are joking!! If not, then DONT RUN THE ENGINE. The large plastic housing in the front of the engine bay is split between two tanks. The tank on the drivers side is the wiper fluid. The tank on the passenger side is your engine coolant. I know it looks rectangular (like the rear window) but its actually a graphic of the engine. The rear window wiper nozzle is attached to the same tank as the front window nozzles.

It's possible that they changed this out in the newer models, but I just doubled checked my 08 and it's definitely the engine coolant reservoir. I'm not sure what kind of damage wiper fluid would do in the coolant system but I'm sure it can't be good...

Author:  Scar0 [ Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Picture request: KK windshield fluid resevour

This is from the 2010 owners manual. The locations are the same 08-10.

Image

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/