LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Taking off the air dam?
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=56720
Page 1 of 1

Author:  gfox33 [ Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Taking off the air dam?

I feel so stupid. Ive taken off all the little plastic clips and screws I can find, but i cant get the air dam to come off. I think theres some interlocking pieces with the fender and maybe the bumper? Anyone have any suggestions or help?

Author:  gfox33 [ Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Taking off the air dam?

Well actually I just found these two little plastic screws... but they have circular screw heads? how the hell does that work? I cant even pry them off. Am I really this incapable? suggestions?

Author:  VoodooMann [ Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Taking off the air dam?

they are plastic rivets.

If you drill the center out it should pop right off.

Author:  gfox33 [ Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Taking off the air dam?

Nevermind... I got it! Perspicacity pays off.

Author:  gfox33 [ Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Taking off the air dam?

Thanks. I ended up just breaking them because I was getting frustrated.

It looks a lot nicer. It probably shouldn't have taken 40 minutes though.

Author:  VoodooMann [ Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Taking off the air dam?

it always takes more time when you are trying not to break anything :wink:

Author:  gfox33 [ Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Taking off the air dam?

of course. but I still ended up breaking the 3 round rivets. All in all, I dont think its that big of a deal that they're gone. If I ever put it back on (which I doubt) theres still 100 billion other things to keep in there.

Author:  das4x4 [ Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Taking off the air dam?

I took five of these white fasteners off first and then tugged/slid air dam off. Maybe this will help others. Sorry I was too late for your too late :pepper: Image

Author:  gfox33 [ Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Taking off the air dam?

Its funny because between the '08-'09-'10 there are so many little changes. I had a few of those little knob screws from your picture, plus like 10 rivets and plastic screws. Theres no way I could have ever just taken off the knob screws and popped it off. It didnt even budge before I found all the little screws.

Author:  Marlon_JBT [ Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Taking off the air dam?

After 1 minute of struggling to remove it, I just gave up after I saw all the rivets. Not sure how many of them there are, but I just wheeled with it on.

Author:  gfox33 [ Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Taking off the air dam?

Marlon_JBT wrote:
After 1 minute of struggling to remove it, I just gave up after I saw all the rivets. Not sure how many of them there are, but I just wheeled with it on.


If your talking about a '10 then there are two "turn style" rivets and maybe 3 or 4 round head rivets. The real trick is when your under the bumper, figuring out where the air dam ends and where the back of the bumper is. Then you can push down the tabs and pull. Then it should come right off. I made it a lot more complicated and ended up pulling back a little of the plastic fender to get a better look.

Author:  gfox33 [ Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Taking off the air dam?

I dont have a before picture, but heres an after. It just gives a little more clearance.
Image

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Taking off the air dam?

Looks way better :P

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/