| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Buying used, 08 or 09 KK? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=56862 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | remdawg [ Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Buying used, 08 or 09 KK? |
So I was originally in the market for an Xterra, but after I saw that an 08 Liberty would be in the same price range as an 05 Xterra, I figured why not get the newer vehicle/american made? I was looking through cars.com for local Liberty's in my area and it seems like there's quite a few 08's in my price range, but there are also handful of 09's (I'm looking for under $16k price tag). I'm almost going to pull the trigger on an '08 Sport in green but after seeing that a lot of people are dissing the 08's for 09 and newer, is it worth taking a closer look to see other options? This would be a daily driver with some (light) off-roading as well, mostly playing in the snow and occasional trailing. edit: I should also add, the 2009's are likely rentals (one out of the four that has a carfax is), or they would have higher miles then a 2008. |
|
| Author: | DetroitKK [ Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Buying used, 08 or 09 KK? |
I have a 08 Sport with about 35k on it so far. Just bought out my lease actually. I haven't had a single problem with the car since the day I drove it off the lot. It's my 3rd Liberty, I had 2 KJs before this one and its my favorite. The interior has plenty of storage space and compartments to store all of my crap, and the trunk is pretty decent too. I can't fit my skis/snowboards in the back without the seats folded down, but thats gonna be typical of anything this size. I've seen some reviews that complain the ride is a bit more "truck like" than people would want, but what do you expect? Its a Jeep. These things are the most capable off-road vehicles around, and there are plenty of people on here that will back that up. Another really great aspect of the Libby is that it can handle some pretty large/heavy trailers for an SUV of its size and power. I'm sure a few other folks will speak up, but I love my 08. Look at it this way, I had the opportunity to get rid of it last month and move into a '10 or a different vehicle, but I decided to dig in and keep it for the long haul. I'll be driving this thing well past 100,000 miles, and its always nice to share a "Jeep wave" with somebody else on the road, not to mention the great community here at LOST Go for it!
|
|
| Author: | remdawg [ Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Buying used, 08 or 09 KK? |
Coming from a Tacoma I'm pretty used to driving a truck-like vehicle. I'm really excited to check the KK out tomorrow and hopefully I can get a good deal with the salesman! |
|
| Author: | At The Helm [ Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Buying used, 08 or 09 KK? |
Thats funny. I myself wanted an xterra real bad but just couldnt find one in my price range that was new enough and had lowish miles. My girlfriend found my 2010 4x4 with 1500 miles on it for an unbelievably low price. I am very happy with my choice. |
|
| Author: | DirtyKK [ Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Buying used, 08 or 09 KK? |
The newer the better cause generally the quirks are taken care of but I wouldn't ever take a rental. |
|
| Author: | At The Helm [ Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Buying used, 08 or 09 KK? |
Stronger steering racks are one quirk taken care of for 09+ from what i hear. |
|
| Author: | FDez [ Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Buying used, 08 or 09 KK? |
About 6 months ago I traded in an '08 Frontier for an '08 Liberty. Loved the Forntier (same platform as the Xterra and Pathfinder). It had LOADS of power and torque but was too expensive and awful on gas. A friend of mine has an '05 Xterra and has only had two recalls for an airbag switch and the fuel sening unit. I usually try to stay away from first model years becaue there are always problems but I found one very near me that was the exact color combo I wanted and had all the options I wanted so I went for it. Very happy with it so far (now that I got the skyslider to shut up). Will be more happy when I get a lift and new wheels/tires. Good Luck. As far as made in America goes...although it is a Japanese company, Frontiers/Xterras are made in Tennessee. |
|
| Author: | nightdrv [ Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Buying used, 08 or 09 KK? |
Personally I would go with the newest Xterra you can get your hands on. But, if you're going with a Liberty, get a 2010. |
|
| Author: | remdawg [ Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Buying used, 08 or 09 KK? |
Picked it up and got to drive it home today... 52,000 miles, bargained it down to $12.9k from $15.5k. So far I couldn't be happier! Next step, Pro Comp wheels and some A/T tires.
|
|
| Author: | At The Helm [ Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Buying used, 08 or 09 KK? |
Congratulations! Welcome to the team. |
|
| Author: | remdawg [ Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Buying used, 08 or 09 KK? |
When driving home at night I noticed there was no light for the gear shifter? Is this normal? It's not really an issue since I could figure out what gear I was in but I figured that the P R N D would light up. |
|
| Author: | Marlon_JBT [ Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Buying used, 08 or 09 KK? |
Mine lights up but it should tell you what gear it's in on the instrument cluster. I'd HOPE a bulb is blown in yours is all. Welcome. |
|
| Author: | remdawg [ Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Buying used, 08 or 09 KK? |
Ahh I wish I read your post earlier... When I brought it back to the stealership today they said that it wasn't supposed to light up and I made them double-check. Man that's going to bother me now. Edit: After looking at it, the 2-Hi,4-Lock,4-Low switch lit up, but the gear shifter didn't. I popped off the panel covering these and the 4wd switch had a separate electronic hooking up to it, and it could pop off completely. The problem is I can't figure out how to get under the gear shifter itself, there's a bunch of tabs that look like it would just easily pop off but I was killing my fingers trying to dig it off, any help? Edit 2: Pictures added (and after taking them the 4WD switch no longer lights up on the shifter, but still goes on dash when turned to 4-lock). ![]() You can see the female/male wiring harness of the 4wd switch ![]() These tabs don't pull off too easy, and I dont really want to snap the plastic off if I try using pliers or something. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|