| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Need help with TPMS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=56954 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | AdonisBHK [ Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Need help with TPMS |
I just installed my winter tires and rims, and had a set of tpms sensors installed as well. I had them sitting in my garage until the snow flew yesterday, and then bolted them up this morning. The problem is I am now getting a check engine light (NOT a tpms light), along with a warning in the EVIC to "Check TPM System" The tire pressures are showing up on the dash, so the sensors are working, however, they are out of order. For instance, on the dash it shows my front right with 34 pounds, and my left rear with 31, but using a manual gauge shows this is actually wrong. The left rear is really 34, and the front right is 31, so they are getting the proper information, just showing it in the wrong order. Is there a way to re-set my TPMS system and hopefully correct this? Or so I need a special tool from chrysler? |
|
| Author: | Tittiez [ Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Need help with TPMS |
Maybe you could just swap the tires, so that the corresponding reading went along with the tire position? |
|
| Author: | AdonisBHK [ Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Need help with TPMS |
I'm less concerned with that, and rather that the CEL is on, and I keep getting a warning on my dash. The auto start doesn't work with a CEL is active either - so that is a PITA. Also, the winters are directional, so I cannot swap side to side, only front to back. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|