LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Grill Guards?
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=71795
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Voyager [ Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:50 am ]
Post subject:  Grill Guards?

I don't want anything over the top or overbearing, but the one Mopar makes for the KK is too small and not particularly useful. Does anyone know the particulars of the guard in the fist pic I posted?

Guard I like. In this pic, the guard is more pronounced, but not so huge as to overpower the front end of the Jeep. It actually looks like a modified Mopar guard as the tubular bar is higher.
Image

Smaller Mopar guard.
Image

Author:  DREDnot [ Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Grill Guards?

I'd be willing to bet thats the mopar guard with a taller hoop fitted.

I ,too, like that look but I cant get over the $500+ price of the mopar unit that just sticks on the plastic bumper with 3M tape.

Author:  Voyager [ Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Grill Guards?

Yup. The price is what keeps me from getting one. I can see it being about $200 or so, but $500 is way too much. I just don't care for what's out there outside of the Mopar product. I don't really want a full guard that includes the headlights.

Author:  DREDnot [ Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Grill Guards?

Yeah, I'm normally not one to put excessive how-ya-doins on my vehicles, but some things are just right for some subconcious reason.
I like the look of the full brush guard but I cannot do without the front towhooks.

Author:  Voyager [ Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Grill Guards?

DREDnot wrote:
I'd be willing to bet thats the mopar guard with a taller hoop fitted.


Frankenguard... :mrgreen:

Anyway, I don't know what material the Mopar guard is made of, but I'm sure it can be modified somehow by cutting off the old hoop and fabricating and welding on a new, larger one.

Author:  Luny421 [ Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Grill Guards?

DREDnot wrote:
I'd be willing to bet thats the mopar guard with a taller hoop fitted.

I ,too, like that look but I cant get over the $500+ price of the mopar unit that just sticks on the plastic bumper with 3M tape.


so what you're saying is that for $500, i can tape a Mopar grille "guard" to my bumper...or for maybe $100 in materials, i can build one myself...and still tape it to the bumper? I was curious about how those were mounted, disappointed to find out it's tape...

Author:  Voyager [ Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Grill Guards?

It's a shame the Mopar guard is so expensive. I like the look (with a larger hoop though) as it's not overbearing, and actually accents the overall appearance of front of the KK. Most of the aftermarket ones are just TOO big for my liking.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/