It is currently Sun Oct 11, 2026 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers Installed
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:36 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:00 pm
Posts: 3278
Location: Jersey
I wouldn't mind hearing some opinions on these. I love 'em!
Image
Image
Image

_________________
2008 Black Jeep Liberty Sport
4.7L throttle body
Old Man Emu lift
Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers Installed
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:36 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:59 pm
Posts: 808
Location: NJ
Love em just like mine haha wait till my duratracs are mounted mwhahahahahhaah


Musclez Marinara
Marco@acor4x4.com

_________________
2012 KK Cherokee * Arctic by Musclez * Mineral Gray
- Too Much to list BUILD THREAD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers Installed
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:08 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:31 pm
Posts: 199
Lookin good!

_________________
2010 Renegade, Salsa Red- selec trac II- daystar 2 inch lift- clevis lift- skyjacker rear shocks- 265/75/16 duratracs- K&N drop in filter-


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers Installed
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:29 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:00 pm
Posts: 3278
Location: Jersey
Thanks, guys. It's funny to look at the stock pictures and how much the wheels were originally pushed all the way in the wheel well. The Liberty definitely should have came like this.

_________________
2008 Black Jeep Liberty Sport
4.7L throttle body
Old Man Emu lift
Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers Installed
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:26 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:07 pm
Posts: 222
Location: New Jersey
I have a few questions about those spidertrax. 1) is it 1.25" for one spacer? or do the two of them equal 1.25"? Also, any rubbing issues with these for a stock liberty? I'm going to be lifting my KK 2.5" and putting on 245/75/R16's and I know a little rubbing is ok but I'm a perfectionist and it'll bug the crap out of me if it rubs. And last question....I could be way over thinking this (and I'm a mechanic so I can't understand why I can't figure this out) but how do you torque the spacers down if the wheel is not on the ground?

_________________
2012 Jeep Liberty "Arctic" Edition. 2.5" OME lift, 1/4" clevis spacers, 245/75R16 GY Wrangler Duratracs, AtTheHelms steel front bumper, semi gloss black emblems and fuel door, 15% tint all around.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers Installed
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:37 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:00 pm
Posts: 3278
Location: Jersey
Arctic_Libby wrote:
I have a few questions about those spidertrax. 1) is it 1.25" for one spacer? or do the two of them equal 1.25"? Also, any rubbing issues with these for a stock liberty? I'm going to be lifting my KK 2.5" and putting on 245/75/R16's and I know a little rubbing is ok but I'm a perfectionist and it'll bug the crap out of me if it rubs. And last question....I could be way over thinking this (and I'm a mechanic so I can't understand why I can't figure this out) but how do you torque the spacers down if the wheel is not on the ground?


Correct, 1.25" each wheel, so a total of 2.50 on the front, and 2.50 on the back when all four are installed.

No rubbing issues at all on my stock height.

Tighten them up as much as you can when she's up in the air. You can have someone apply the brakes for you, then torque them when she's on the ground.

_________________
2008 Black Jeep Liberty Sport
4.7L throttle body
Old Man Emu lift
Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers Installed
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:08 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:07 pm
Posts: 222
Location: New Jersey
Gageraid wrote:
Arctic_Libby wrote:
I have a few questions about those spidertrax. 1) is it 1.25" for one spacer? or do the two of them equal 1.25"? Also, any rubbing issues with these for a stock liberty? I'm going to be lifting my KK 2.5" and putting on 245/75/R16's and I know a little rubbing is ok but I'm a perfectionist and it'll bug the crap out of me if it rubs. And last question....I could be way over thinking this (and I'm a mechanic so I can't understand why I can't figure this out) but how do you torque the spacers down if the wheel is not on the ground?


Correct, 1.25" each wheel, so a total of 2.50 on the front, and 2.50 on the back when all four are installed.

No rubbing issues at all on my stock height.

Tighten them up as much as you can when she's up in the air. You can have someone apply the brakes for you, then torque them when she's on the ground.


(My mechanic side really isn't showing right now but I've never dealt with spacers) how exactly do you torque them with it on the ground? Can you get to the bolts through the rim?

_________________
2012 Jeep Liberty "Arctic" Edition. 2.5" OME lift, 1/4" clevis spacers, 245/75R16 GY Wrangler Duratracs, AtTheHelms steel front bumper, semi gloss black emblems and fuel door, 15% tint all around.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers Installed
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:09 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:00 pm
Posts: 284
Location: Columbus, OH
Man, that looks great! Are there any ill effects from doing this? I really want to do this on my KK now too. I've HATED how pushed in the wheels are stock!

_________________
-OME HD/MD, Clevis (3x), 1/4" spacer, 2 extra rear iso's, JBA 5.5 A-arms
-90 Nissan 240 w/LS1 swap
USAF SFS CATM Instructor


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers Installed
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:43 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:00 pm
Posts: 3278
Location: Jersey
TurboGoKart wrote:
Man, that looks great! Are there any ill effects from doing this? I really want to do this on my KK now too. I've HATED how pushed in the wheels are stock!


Thank you, sir. I believe wheel spacers are a touchy subject for most. First of all, Spidertrax are hub-centric, so it really shouldn't create any more stress because it's just like having a wheel with less backspacing.

Some tire places will bash you for having them installed, or to try to blame them for various things, and I wouldn't be surprised if they turn your business away in an extreme case. My dealership wasn't very happy when they saw I had them installed.

The spacers were one of my first mods, because like you, couldn't stand how far in the wheels are. Now that my rims are black, it makes them look even better.

_________________
2008 Black Jeep Liberty Sport
4.7L throttle body
Old Man Emu lift
Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers Installed
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:46 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:00 pm
Posts: 3278
Location: Jersey
Arctic_Libby wrote:
Gageraid wrote:
Arctic_Libby wrote:
I have a few questions about those spidertrax. 1) is it 1.25" for one spacer? or do the two of them equal 1.25"? Also, any rubbing issues with these for a stock liberty? I'm going to be lifting my KK 2.5" and putting on 245/75/R16's and I know a little rubbing is ok but I'm a perfectionist and it'll bug the crap out of me if it rubs. And last question....I could be way over thinking this (and I'm a mechanic so I can't understand why I can't figure this out) but how do you torque the spacers down if the wheel is not on the ground?


Correct, 1.25" each wheel, so a total of 2.50 on the front, and 2.50 on the back when all four are installed.

No rubbing issues at all on my stock height.

Tighten them up as much as you can when she's up in the air. You can have someone apply the brakes for you, then torque them when she's on the ground.


(My mechanic side really isn't showing right now but I've never dealt with spacers) how exactly do you torque them with it on the ground? Can you get to the bolts through the rim?


No, the rims need to be OFF to tighten them. Disregard my last post about tightening them when she's back on the ground. I guess the best way is just having someone apply the brakes. The handbrake will work for the rear wheels.

_________________
2008 Black Jeep Liberty Sport
4.7L throttle body
Old Man Emu lift
Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers Installed
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:07 pm
Posts: 222
Location: New Jersey
That makes more sense now. I felt pretty retarded for a while lol. Gageraid where do you go wheeling in jersey? I'm in pemberton lookin for some jeeps to go out with.

_________________
2012 Jeep Liberty "Arctic" Edition. 2.5" OME lift, 1/4" clevis spacers, 245/75R16 GY Wrangler Duratracs, AtTheHelms steel front bumper, semi gloss black emblems and fuel door, 15% tint all around.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers Installed
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:57 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:00 pm
Posts: 3278
Location: Jersey
Haven't taken her anywhere yet. I used to live in the pine barrens, that's where a few of my friends used to go. Not sure how legal it was.

_________________
2008 Black Jeep Liberty Sport
4.7L throttle body
Old Man Emu lift
Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers Installed
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:03 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:07 pm
Posts: 222
Location: New Jersey
I know Wharton state park has trails and the rules are "stay on the designated trails and your vehicle must be registered for public roads". I've been in there a few times. Park rangers will pull you over but just to make sure you're not being stupid.

I'm definitely going to be getting some of those spacers though. I like that wider stance look

_________________
2012 Jeep Liberty "Arctic" Edition. 2.5" OME lift, 1/4" clevis spacers, 245/75R16 GY Wrangler Duratracs, AtTheHelms steel front bumper, semi gloss black emblems and fuel door, 15% tint all around.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers Installed
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:09 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:00 pm
Posts: 3278
Location: Jersey
Good luck!

_________________
2008 Black Jeep Liberty Sport
4.7L throttle body
Old Man Emu lift
Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers Installed
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:28 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:00 pm
Posts: 284
Location: Columbus, OH
Gageraid wrote:
TurboGoKart wrote:
Man, that looks great! Are there any ill effects from doing this? I really want to do this on my KK now too. I've HATED how pushed in the wheels are stock!


Thank you, sir. I believe wheel spacers are a touchy subject for most. First of all, Spidertrax are hub-centric, so it really shouldn't create any more stress because it's just like having a wheel with less backspacing.

Some tire places will bash you for having them installed, or to try to blame them for various things, and I wouldn't be surprised if they turn your business away in an extreme case. My dealership wasn't very happy when they saw I had them installed.

The spacers were one of my first mods, because like you, couldn't stand how far in the wheels are. Now that my rims are black, it makes them look even better.

Shoot, if they're hubcentric then it doesn't freakin matter! Let the haters hate! :SOMBRERO:

_________________
-OME HD/MD, Clevis (3x), 1/4" spacer, 2 extra rear iso's, JBA 5.5 A-arms
-90 Nissan 240 w/LS1 swap
USAF SFS CATM Instructor


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers Installed
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:29 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Make sure you use the required Lock Tite and also torque to the recommended specs
They will work loose at times
Check them every 100-150 miles when you first install them
and yes some states they are illegal and if you have inspections they will not pass you

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers Installed
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:27 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:45 am
Posts: 209
Location: AZ
TurboGoKart wrote:
Are there any ill effects from doing this?


Besides prying your wheel bearings and ball joints apart, prematurely wearing your tires, increasing your turn radius, decreasing your obstacle clearance, and the possibility of failing and causing an accident your insurance company won't cover, they seem to be popular with the kids.

Can anyone justify the "wide stance" other than for looks?
Auto-cross? Drifting?

_________________
2012 Liberty Latitude 4x4,3.7L,42RLE,MP1522,D30M/8.25"@3.73,215/85R-16 LTX A/T2,Bright White
1974 CJ5,258,T14a,D20,D30/D44@3.73,TransAm Red


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers Installed
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:38 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:00 pm
Posts: 284
Location: Columbus, OH
DREDnot wrote:
TurboGoKart wrote:
Are there any ill effects from doing this?


Besides prying your wheel bearings and ball joints apart, prematurely wearing your tires, increasing your turn radius, decreasing your obstacle clearance, and the possibility of failing and causing an accident your insurance company won't cover, they seem to be popular with the kids.

Can anyone justify the "wide stance" other than for looks?
Auto-cross? Drifting?

All that from scooting each wheel out 1.25"?? Really? I'm not trying to stick them out 12 feet lol. Can you explain why all of that happens?

_________________
-OME HD/MD, Clevis (3x), 1/4" spacer, 2 extra rear iso's, JBA 5.5 A-arms
-90 Nissan 240 w/LS1 swap
USAF SFS CATM Instructor


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers Installed
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:38 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:45 am
Posts: 209
Location: AZ
The further out from the center of the bearing you get, the more side load you get. The best for the bearing is to carry the weight of the car straight down through the bearing races. The more they get torqued to one side , the faster they offer up the ghost. If you put them 12 feet out, those same forces would pop the bearing apart with just the weight of the car. Same exact deal with the ball joint...levering forces grinding the joint sideways.

_________________
2012 Liberty Latitude 4x4,3.7L,42RLE,MP1522,D30M/8.25"@3.73,215/85R-16 LTX A/T2,Bright White
1974 CJ5,258,T14a,D20,D30/D44@3.73,TransAm Red


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers Installed
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:00 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:03 pm
Posts: 371
Location: West Michigan
Spend an extra couple hundred and get wheels with the backspacing that you like IMO

_________________
'08, OME HD/MD coils, Ironman shocks, Al's A-arms, Top plates, ATH front recovery, V-Tec Offroad wheels 17x8.5, Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac's 265/65R17, Jasper Offroad 12" Dual LED lightbar, Mopar hitch and harness, RRO roof rails and cross bars, Viper throttle body, K&N FIPK, Hypertech Max Energy


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com