| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Confirm this throttle calibration http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=78537 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Gageraid [ Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:08 am ] |
| Post subject: | Confirm this throttle calibration |
Can anyone confirm if this is true or a gimmick? I got this post from member NitroCharger from NitroForumz. 1) Insert ignition key and turn to "ON" (not start). 2) Wait for all idiot lights to go out. Check Engine Light may remain on. 3) Slowly depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor. 4) Slowly release the accelerator pedal until it's all the way back up. 5) Turn the ignition key to "OFF". 6) Start the engine. ____________ I did this today and did a fair bit of driving, and I want to say it felt better. If it's false, then I guess it was just a placebo effect. |
|
| Author: | huntb [ Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Confirm this throttle calibration |
Gageraid wrote: Can anyone confirm if this is true or a gimmick? I got this post from member NitroCharger from NitroForumz. 1) Insert ignition key and turn to "ON" (not start). 2) Wait for all idiot lights to go out. Check Engine Light may remain on. 3) Slowly depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor. 4) Slowly release the accelerator pedal until it's all the way back up. 5) Turn the ignition key to "OFF". 6) Start the engine. ____________ I did this today and did a fair bit of driving, and I want to say it felt better. If it's false, then I guess it was just a placebo effect. When there is a procedure with steps that include the word "slowly" I get kind of skeptical. I'll do some research and see if I can come up with anything Edit: I meant this because slowly isn't very well defined. What does it mean? 5 seconds? 5 minutes? 5 hours? |
|
| Author: | Scar0 [ Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Confirm this throttle calibration |
I do this about 1ce a month or when the Trō feels sluggish. Works well for me. Also, with a CAI, the computers will learn it is there, and will compensate for the constant "cooler" air. Neg (-) battery cable disconnect every couple of months takes care of that. |
|
| Author: | Gageraid [ Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Confirm this throttle calibration |
Thanks for chiming in, guys. I just feel like there must be a calibration process somewhere. I've been looking for it ever since I got the Jeep. |
|
| Author: | Gageraid [ Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Confirm this throttle calibration |
Did some errands this morning and the Jeep REALLY feels like it pulls better during all driving conditions. I feel convinced. Someone else try it. |
|
| Author: | Erikg84 [ Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Confirm this throttle calibration |
I'll try it when I get off work at 5:00... I'll do it in the parking lot here and head home. My Jeep feels a little sluggish at times, so maybe it'll help. I'll let you know. |
|
| Author: | Gageraid [ Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:41 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Confirm this throttle calibration |
Erikg84 wrote: I'll try it when I get off work at 5:00... I'll do it in the parking lot here and head home. My Jeep feels a little sluggish at times, so maybe it'll help. I'll let you know. Cool! Please read how to do it over again. Remember to turn the key completely off before you fire her up. |
|
| Author: | Erikg84 [ Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Confirm this throttle calibration |
Ok, so I tried it, and I do think that I felt a little something extra there while driving... It could have been the placebo effect like you said, but I swear I felt a little better throttle response. I'm curious if others will have the same effect. |
|
| Author: | huntb [ Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Confirm this throttle calibration |
I tried it after work today. Got up on the highway on my way home but I don't think I drove long enough to notice anything |
|
| Author: | Gageraid [ Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:26 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Confirm this throttle calibration |
huntb wrote: I tried it after work today. Got up on the highway on my way home but I don't think I drove long enough to notice anything Try city driving. I swear it's coasting further and I feel like the pressure and pedal position is different at speeds 30-50 mph. I hope this is the real deal. |
|
| Author: | Erikg84 [ Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:02 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Confirm this throttle calibration |
I didn't notice anything on the highway, but I may have felt something on the rural roads |
|
| Author: | brianb1998 [ Fri May 12, 2017 3:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Confirm this throttle calibration |
I am bringing this one back. Did anyone confirm this is an actual thing yet. My 08 has been very sluggish and delayed lately..... |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|