| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| 2007 Hummer http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24370 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Donnie [ Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | 2007 Hummer |
Start time: 8:45 Finished by: 12:30 Total time: 3 hours and 45 minutes. Price: $80.The customer brings me regular business and his wife is ordering an 08 Corvette that I'll be taking care of, so I'll give him a break A regular customer, a neighbor, gave me a ring during the week requesting an exterior detail, simple enough. I let him know that I do offer sealants and paint correction, considering winter will be coming soon. He comes back with, "Well, I'll have you do 'the works' next month before right before it starts getting cold." Score! Anyway on with the detail. So, as soon as I get the Hummer over to my house it starts pouring :hairpull. I spent the entire time washing in the rain...soaked. Coincidently, it stopped raining right after I concluded! Process:
Before:
After:
Don't mind the exterior and plastics on the interior/door jamb shots. I didn't remove the wax or detail the trim yet.
|
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Wow! It took you 3 hrs 45 minutes to dry it off? Good job! |
|
| Author: | Rush345 [ Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | You do nice work |
Your attention to detail is commendable but any time I see a 4 wheel drive vehicle Hummer, Cadillac, Linclon, I just think not trailer queen. But just a road QUEEN. Now I'm not oppossed to careing about the look of your ride. But I'm not sorry you say if it's a true 4x4 case for it keep it clean, but the inverted sheep skin car cover to cove the ride once it's parked in the garage. Screams more DOLLARS then SENCE. I'm not knocking your handy work or craftsmanship, as I said you do nice work. I am highly impressed. But if it's a true 4x4 keep it so, If it's a '57 T-Bird, '58 Vette, or even a '55 Buick skylark convertable. Then by all means trailer it cover it because these are works of art on 4 wheels . But if it's a true 4 wheel drive vehicle DO NOT MAKE IT A TRAILER OR ROAD QUEEN |
|
| Author: | crimsonfox [ Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Looks nice. I see nothing wrong with having a perfectly clean vehicle even if it is a 4x4. |
|
| Author: | Donnie [ Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: You do nice work |
Rush345 wrote: Screams more DOLLARS then SENCE.
I don't mean to blow up on you, but I get this everytime I take a picture of a clean rig. Some have a different outlook than just themselves and having fun. Some people like to protect resale value and not rhino line every tasteless part and go out of their way to pose in the mud. When your spending 50k for an suv, why ruin it? If I wanted a true offroad rig I would buy an old yota. This is New England, we need 4x4 for winter. Education makes the value of a dollar have much more sense To be quite honest with you, my rigs get very dirty for four months of the year. During those months it's used to the fullest, like a true 4x4. Although, during the summer months I keep it clean and looking good, my parents gave me a 17k vehicle for free. I'm not, on the other hand, going to take it offroad and beat the hell out of it to get jolly. I have better, more productive things to do It's your money, do what you want. Don't preach to others, please. This is the same as the wrangler guys telling us we have a girly Jeep. |
|
| Author: | Ms5490renegade [ Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:41 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
best looking h3 i've ever seen. |
|
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:34 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Well put Donnie, and true. A neighbor of mine once said "I can't believe what you put that thing through". A few days later said to someone else "He always keeps it so clean". I have run it in mud bogs and it has trail rash but it always gets cleaned up soon afterward. You can have both if you desire it. It's just a personal thing. Remember, it takes all types to make a world. If we were all the same it would really be boring! Terry PS: Donnie, I wish you lived closer = Shinier KJ! |
|
| Author: | Pote [ Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Has that neighbor across the street stopped mooning you out his front door?? LOL |
|
| Author: | tjkoen01 [ Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
The only thing better than a perfectly clean Jeep is one covered in MUD! For me it's easier to keep it clean, but when I have a chance I like to give it a mud bath. Looks good man. Next time see if you can buff that "Hummer" and "H3" off and I think it will look 100% better! |
|
| Author: | Boiler [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
god I wish I had those seats and legroom... |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Boiler wrote: god I wish I had those seats and legroom...
Dont you drive a kj? I rode in a H3 once and it was probably tighter than my kj is. But then again at 6ft I dont think my kj is lacking space. Suits me perfect. Didnt really like the H3 at all. |
|
| Author: | Boiler [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Really...just looks roomy and the seats look bigger. I'm about 5'11" and large. My head is about 2" from the roof. In the KJ's with sunroofs, I touched the ceiling. Even with power chairs down all the way. If I raised them up, I had to bend my head almost perfectly sideways. There is a lot of adjustability, its just all at and above the usual height for some reason. All that height is why we're having to duck down to see the stoplights. My eye level is about 2 inches or less below the top of the windshield. I'm assuming thats why there is no tint on the windshield. My seat is maybe just a hair small for me, I have about 2 comfortable positions so I'm fine for daily use. My first 4 hour drive is coming soom and we'll see what I think after that... Lastly, the foot room (width) in the KJ is about the smallest I've ever witnessed in any car or truck. I can barely fit both feet in the passenger side due to the engine encroaching. All that said, I LOVE my KJ. I think I've spend more time thinking about what I want to add to it, working on it, & driving it than I have with anything else for the last 3 weeks since I bought it. |
|
| Author: | treyz02kj [ Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:03 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Hummers are.... Well, You got it really clean, It looks good. I dog hummer drivers, but only cause they bought a hummer.. Cant wait till you detail the Vette. I wont hate on that. |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
haha the KJ's floor is small? have you ever been in a mid 80's thunderbird that had a straight drive? it's about as bad as a lambo, you've got 3 pedals and that's the extent of your space |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|