LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Migliore Detailed: 07 WK 5.7
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31011
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Donnie [ Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Migliore Detailed: 07 WK 5.7

It was disappointing to see my favorite vehicle in the Jeep line-up in such horrible shape. Between the sticker residue, deep scratches and rust pitted wheels I was boggled at where to start.

To preface, this vehicle is owned by the VP of an insurance company (gfs dad). This is his company car. As you can see, it was used for many errands as well as golf trips from the numerous score cards I acquired :D. I ended up with a grocery bag full of remnants for the interior to return to the owner.

This vehicle has NEVER been washed, it's outside all of it's life. Thankfully in that respect the swirls were very minor, but the vehicle as a whole was hurt.

The client was just looking for a quick wax and vacuum, but I took it a little bit farther to be satisfied.

Process:

Foamed with Poorboy's Slick and Suds wash.
Dried with WW towel.
Clayed with Meguairs Clay with QD as lube.
OC via LC 4" yellow, on necessary scratches.
Waxed with Migliore Fine Wax.

The wheels had been pitted with rust. They really needed refinishing but I tried to bring them back the best I could. I used number products and found Dupont No.7 chrome polish was the only product that could tackle the rust.

Interior:

Dusted
Kirkland All Purpose cleaner on textured pieces. 4" brush and toothbrush to agitate.
Woolite and water mix on the leather.
Vacuum.
QD on doorjambs.
Gold Class leather conditioner.


I apologize for the lack of quality pictures, it was a gloomy day. Add into that the fact that I was using a point and shoot :wall.

Before:

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Yes, that's cigarette ash on the upper window trim.

Image
Image


Wheels:

Before:

Image
Image

After:

Image
Image

Author:  Donnie [ Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

Roll out and final wipedown:

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image




Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Money Shots:

Image
Image
Image
Image

Author:  Jeepjeepster [ Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

Looks good don! Amazing how dirty an 07 WK can get when its not taken care of.

Author:  Guest [ Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

So when you gonna come detail my KJ for me, Donnie? it's gross :lol:

Author:  NellyJeep [ Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:43 pm ]
Post subject: 

There is a lot to be said about the character of a person by the attention to detail they show and the smallest of things.

Great Job! and you remind me that I need to get off my rear and maintain my 06, I've been slacking lately and its starting to look like an 06 and not brand new which is where I like it to be.

Author:  2006 KJ [ Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

looks great!!! i'm not sure what you use.. but i've found meguiars rich leather product works OUTSTANDINGLY and smells great too.. same with meguiars quick detail interior product... doesn't make it real shinny.. just perfectly clean and new.... also their Tech Wax (liquid) is great... easy on and easy off with a GREAT finish. I've tried almost everything and that's what gives me best results. what do you use if you dont mind?

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/