LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Clevis lift
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=23863
Page 1 of 1

Author:  ed. [ Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:35 am ]
Post subject:  Clevis lift

A few of you guys have done the clevis lift.
I'm wanting to know what you used as a spacer for it?
Thinking about raising the front a bit more. 10-15mm perhaps. :lol:

Author:  cmohr [ Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:04 am ]
Post subject: 

Normally you use a cutoff section of pipe. just larger than the bottom of the strut. It needs to be nice and snug.


Up in the front ed, you'll want to go up in the back too :D

Author:  ed. [ Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:44 am ]
Post subject: 

The yanks mention conduit piping... but isn't that plastic???? :shock:
What did you end up using cmohr?
Sounds like an easy DIY.
Just need the torque specs for the nuts and what not 8)

Author:  cmohr [ Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:42 am ]
Post subject: 

Pm sent.. :D

Author:  ed. [ Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thanks Chris.

I think I'll follow this for a 'floating' clevis lift.
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=168

Author:  ed. [ Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

Have not done this yet, but it's a 2:1 ratio.
So I need to lift about 6mm at the clevis to get my 12mm lift.

How can I raise the rear? Spring packers?
I need atleast 2.5" lift to shoe horn 32" tyres in :lol:
Currently sitting around 2" lift.

Author:  cmohr [ Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:44 am ]
Post subject: 

Just get some coil packers, they usually use the TJ ones and cut the hole in the middle a little bigger to suit the KJ. I have 2 packers in the back of mine to keep me level with the front end.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/