LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Alternator output
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=23896
Page 1 of 1

Author:  ed. [ Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:47 am ]
Post subject:  Alternator output

Supposedly the renny's have a 160Amp output alternator.
Does anyone know if the Aus spec renny's get this?

Author:  CD [ Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:09 am ]
Post subject: 

Sorry mate don't know, but Pipeliner did show me where the air filter was & how to open it on the LOST run :lol: Silly me, don't worry, just put the petrol in and drive it :lol:

Author:  Fouros [ Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:32 am ]
Post subject: 

as far as i know ed yes the Aussie spec rene got the higher output alternator

Author:  ed. [ Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:07 am ]
Post subject: 

and drive you did Chris! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Fouros.
Just in the midst of trying to get parts for a dual battey setup.

Author:  CD [ Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:13 am ]
Post subject: 

ed. wrote:
and drive you did Chris! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Fouros.
Just in the midst of trying to get parts for a dual battey setup.


Your a funny bugger Ed. (How was the trip home?, I will PM you later this week about next weekend)

Author:  ed. [ Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

CDKJ wrote:
ed. wrote:
and drive you did Chris! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Fouros.
Just in the midst of trying to get parts for a dual battey setup.


Your a funny bugger Ed. (How was the trip home?, I will PM you later this week about next weekend)


Drive home was tiring.
Only stopped once just past seal rocks for a toilet break.
Yeah let me know.
I found out it's @ Newnes and not Lake Lyell so you might want to check if pit toilets are ok :shock:
Actually, i better check with my gf on pit toilets too LOL

Author:  CD [ Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

If Karen is working I may come up for the day with the kids, we can tag along on a few trails your going to do :D .

Author:  mkh [ Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:55 am ]
Post subject: 

ed. wrote:
and drive you did Chris! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Fouros.
Just in the midst of trying to get parts for a dual battey setup.


Dual battery setup? Is it safe to assume it won't be going under the bonnet? I'd love to know more once you get it done...

Author:  ed. [ Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

mkh wrote:
ed. wrote:
and drive you did Chris! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Fouros.
Just in the midst of trying to get parts for a dual battey setup.


Dual battery setup? Is it safe to assume it won't be going under the bonnet? I'd love to know more once you get it done...


Yeah the 75AH AGM I have won't fit under the bonnet.
Doubt it will fit under the front seats either (yet to check).

I need to see if my AGM can be revived. I let it go dead flat :oops:

Author:  pipeliner [ Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

Ed, you need a CTEK charger. Best for reviving dead batteries.

Author:  ed. [ Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

pipeliner wrote:
Ed, you need a CTEK charger. Best for reviving dead batteries.


I sure do.
Just trying to justify spending $300 odd on a charger I'd likely use once versus buying a brand new AGM :lol:

Author:  pipeliner [ Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Alternator output

ed. wrote:
Supposedly the renny's have a 160Amp output alternator.
Does anyone know if the Aus spec renny's get this?


To get this thread back on track........................

I found this which suggests to me that its only the petrol Renegades which have the 160A alternator - all diesels have the 124A version.

[Edit: Just realised that the link is to the website of the Jeep distributor in Kazakhstan! Hopefully the data still applies!]

Author:  ed. [ Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Alternator output

pipeliner wrote:
ed. wrote:
Supposedly the renny's have a 160Amp output alternator.
Does anyone know if the Aus spec renny's get this?


To get this thread back on track........................

I found this which suggests to me that its only the petrol Renegades which have the 160A alternator - all diesels have the 124A version.

[Edit: Just realised that the link is to the website of the Jeep distributor in Kazakhstan! Hopefully the data still applies!]


Kazakhstan huh?
Borat country. :lol:

Thanks for the find, I'm pretty certain I have a 160A alternator now.

Author:  sini [ Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:36 am ]
Post subject: 

my build sheet from daimlerchrysler confirms my limited has the 136A alternator

i'm assuming no-one with an oz spec renny has requested the build sheet previously?

i don't think they send them anymore, but you can try... click here

Author:  ed. [ Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

Ended up buying a ctek charger :lol:
AGM is now charging... hope it isn't damaged and will hold charge.
See how it goes, if all is good then I'll buy a Redarc battery isolator, some wiring from Jaycar, some anderson plugs and away we go.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/