| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Mild Lift Opinions Wanted http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=28224 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | mikey [ Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am ] |
| Post subject: | Mild Lift Opinions Wanted |
Hi All, Hope everyone had a good and safe xmas / new year. You may have been following some of my mods of late, and i have come to the conclusion I want, no - need a mild lift. I say mild because I have clearance issues at home which i wont go into but are difficult to solve. Ideally, what I'm looking for is around and inch or so extra in the rear, and 1.5 - 2 in the front, to level it out. I don't really want to go the whole hog, replace everything option at the moment. I'd like something reasonably priced, using as much of the stock stuff as possible. I've read about clevis lifts, spring spacers, packers etc, etc. What is the best bet for me? Who should I go to in Brisbane for the install? Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Thanks heaps, Mikey |
|
| Author: | cmohr [ Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
G'day Mikey, nice to see you found your way to our little home away from home. Give the guys a Hammond's a call, and see if they can do it for you, A clevis lift in the front and a packer or two in the rear will give you a small amount of lift, yes. cmohr |
|
| Author: | mikey [ Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Cheers cmohr, I'll give them a buzz. Keen to go for a wheel soon, might head out with the MJOC to Glasshouse Mtns on Wed, but keen to do an all KJ run. M, |
|
| Author: | CD [ Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:22 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I think ARB do packers front & rear if you want, the one's I have are for a GQ (rear). |
|
| Author: | mikey [ Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:48 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Well... I've bit the bullet. Getting a 2inch OME lift next week. Will have to do some serious cutting / metalwork on my garage door to fit. If your going to do something, do it right someone once said. Will post pics when done. M. |
|
| Author: | cmohr [ Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:14 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Crikey Mikey.....You don't muck around Where you getting it done??? ARB at Virginia/Northgate???? Or the lads over at Hammonds??? |
|
| Author: | mikey [ Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:43 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Hammonds. It was going to come to this eventually, may as well do it while I've got the time off. I'll be itching for a bash very soon. Anything in the pipeline?? Mikey |
|
| Author: | ed. [ Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:58 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Exciting times ahead Mikey! Are the longer OME rear shocks available in Australia? If they are then I'd suggest you get them |
|
| Author: | CD [ Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:23 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
ed. wrote: Exciting times ahead Mikey!
Are the longer OME rear shocks available in Australia? If they are then I'd suggest you get them I'd agree with you there Ed, Mikey you should look into that. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|