LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Flat battery
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=30102
Page 1 of 1

Author:  pipeliner [ Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Flat battery

Came home yesterday after three weeks in US/Canada and went to start the Jeep to go and get milk, bread, etc., and the battery was flat - as in totally without charge. As far as I could see nothing had been left switched on while we were away. Stuck it on the charger for a few hours and got it started, but it took a long time to fire and run properly (CRD). Left it running for a bit to charge up and it started fine this morning, but I noticed the clock was wrong (about 15 min fast).

Anyone else had a problem like this?

Author:  cmohr [ Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Flat battery

pipeliner wrote:
Came home yesterday after three weeks in US/Canada and went to start the Jeep to go and get milk, bread, etc., and the battery was flat - as in totally without charge. As far as I could see nothing had been left switched on while we were away. Stuck it on the charger for a few hours and got it started, but it took a long time to fire and run properly (CRD). Left it running for a bit to charge up and it started fine this morning, but I noticed the clock was wrong (about 15 min fast).

Anyone else had a problem like this?



No I've never come home from Canada to find my Battery Dead :P





But, I have come home from Europe to find it all most dead, but, just enough to start my old toyota, sounds a bit odd???, You have a Optima Red Top in there don't you Chris??? I would have thought that would be fine. Maybe check where we re-attached that battery cable/connection on the tow hitch when we put in the skid plate, maybe a small short there??? Just a thought.

cmohr

Author:  Team J.a.G [ Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

The only experience I've had with battery failure was after driving along, then stopping to drop off some garbage. Trying to start the engine again within five minutes only to find it absolutely dead. Apparently dropped a cell. ..................I was halfway along the east coast of Frazer Island at the time!!!! A bit inconvenient to say the least..........

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/