| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Knock Knock Knockin'.... http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=30346 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | mikey [ Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:33 am ] |
| Post subject: | Knock Knock Knockin'.... |
Tell me what you think. Last Friday, I started to notice a knocking noise from under the floor, predominantly at low speed, especially gently off the lights, and pulling up gently. It's not very loud, but i can feel the knock through the floor. Doesn't appear to do it at speed, but maybe it gets drowned out in all the road noise etc. I crawled under on Friday night, and nothing obvious seemed loose. It will also occasionaly give one of these knocks just as I switch the engine off. Is it too early to panic..hahahaha Going into Albion Jeep on Thursday Cheers, Mikey |
|
| Author: | cmohr [ Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:50 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Haha....Could be exacly what I had, a rock between the exhast and lower skid plate, or just a looose exhast system. I thought my whole gearbox was about to POO itself, sounded very very bad, but, just a rock.. Hope all's fine, say G'day to the guys at Albion cmohr |
|
| Author: | CD [ Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:39 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Hope it's not too bad mate or just a simple thing. I thought my front CV was busted once but turned out to be a loose bolt on the swaybar link. It's amazing how a small thing can make so much noise. Cmohr, glad to hear your was only a rock |
|
| Author: | Fouros [ Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:24 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
get them to look at your engine and tranmission mounts |
|
| Author: | mikey [ Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:28 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Fouros wrote: get them to look at your engine and tranmission mounts
That's what I was thinking (hoping) it could be...... |
|
| Author: | Fouros [ Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:44 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
or it could be that deranged bloke that escaped from st elizabeths you know the one with a hook for a hand dont look back dont look under the jeep |
|
| Author: | mikey [ Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:47 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! |
|
| Author: | cmohr [ Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Muuhahahahahah Muhahahahahahahaha |
|
| Author: | Team J.a.G [ Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Maybe a loose nut behind the wheel (lol) |
|
| Author: | Fouros [ Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:03 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
at least it doesnt have an unstable guidance system |
|
| Author: | mikey [ Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:15 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Well just got her back from Albion Jeep, and guess what, still knocking. I was told it's because the exhaust pipe is sitting hard on the skid plate....fair enough. I was then given a cock and bull story about how they couldn't touch a skid plate that someone else had mounted!!!! I said WHAT??? Guy goes out the back, then comes to tell me that they actually don't have the spacers for it.....havent they heard of washers???? It was the primary reason i took it in there, and i thought, may as well get some other stuff done, and they stitched me for disc machining (that old chesnut!) So nearly $1000 later, and still clunking.....aaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhh!!! I can use washers right?, or do I need special Jeep spacers? On the good side, put some iridium plugs in, and she idles real smooth now. Also had the new (used) alloys put on for street & beach use - hey cmohr, lets talk about those mudders of yours for my steelies. So I'm ticked off, but happy at the same time...ah, the joys of being Bi-Polar!!! M.
|
|
| Author: | cmohr [ Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:36 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
So..is it the exhaust tapping against the Fuel skid???? If so, pop down the Rob Bliss Exhausts on robison road at Geebung, and get them to just move the exhast over a little, Aaron down there is a top bloke, and if you mention that I had just had them do the same same to mine the other week thay should remember me and help you out. They are open Saturday mornings too. Good that it was nothing major, Irridium plugs hey... where, how much, thinking about getting them for a whiles I have.. Wheels look Mickey Mouse (Thats Grouse....Grouse means GOOD!!!! Might be a bidding war on the tyres, No, Fouros has fisrt pick on them, but with Coffs next week he best move his bottom...FFoooooouuuurrrooossssssssssssssssssss............. These Pesky Exhausts, make you think the world is coming to an end sometimes cmohr |
|
| Author: | mikey [ Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:41 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
It's not the fuel skid, it's the tranny skid, where the pipe come off the block and make the first hard turn to run under the body, if that makes sense. Iridium plugs were off good 'ol ebay, $12 each, I can find the link for you if you want. Well if Fros is too slack By the way, big fan of rhyming slang, hahahaha Cheers, M. |
|
| Author: | Fouros [ Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:47 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
if mikey needs em he can have em cmohr |
|
| Author: | cmohr [ Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:04 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Fouros wrote: if mikey needs em he can have em cmohr
I'll give you a call , I'm at work until 9pm tonite, started late, finishing later.. |
|
| Author: | mikey [ Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Hey Fros, I dont NEED them, I would just LIKE them......you'll need them at coffs. M |
|
| Author: | Team J.a.G [ Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
If you guy's are going to be saying "no you have them....No No you have them I insist" I'll bloody have them. I need some mudders, That's if "The CMOHR's Retail Tyre Outlet" is competitive. |
|
| Author: | cmohr [ Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:57 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
25 25 25 25 25 30 I have 30 30 30 30 do I hear a raise on 3030 30, 35 40 40 40 |
|
| Author: | mikey [ Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:59 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Put 'em on ebay hahahahaha |
|
| Author: | mikey [ Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Well here's the latest, Took off the front two skids, still had heaps of Levuka mud under the front one! Took 2 washers each side and spaced out the 2nd skid away from the pipe, and guess what - NO KNOCK!! Boils my blood that those jokers at Albion couldn't do this. And they took my wheel spacers off when they changed the tyres over, so that was another job for me. I also installed some phillips blue headlamps, same wattage, but appear brighter, and a nice shade of blue. So the old girl is back to normal, thank goodness that's all it was. Cheers, M. |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|