| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Brake Pedal Pressure http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=31516 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | mikey [ Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Brake Pedal Pressure |
Got my front pads replaced a couple of weeks ago, and aside from the squeaking that happens when gently stopping, I've felt a difference in the brake pedal pressure. I can now, with engine running, press the pedal all the way to the stop, and I'm sure I couldn't do this before Albion swapped them out. Took it back to get squeal and pressure fixed, told it was, but still the same, they swear it's normal. Soooo.....I'd like to know what your pedal pressures are like, can you press it all the way to the floor? Cheers, Mikey. |
|
| Author: | cmohr [ Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
No, definately can't push mine to the FLOOR. |
|
| Author: | Fouros [ Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
only when they are hot and because i have about 10-15% of my pads left looking at slotted rotors and greenstuff pads |
|
| Author: | Team J.a.G [ Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
No defintelty not to the floor. Squeaks every now and again, which I just put down to dirt/dust etc. |
|
| Author: | mikey [ Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Looks like it's yet ANOTHER phone call to my mates ( And another day without the rig M. |
|
| Author: | corwyyn [ Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
What type of pads did they put on? When I replaced my fronts the first time I used semi-metallics and they squealed and growled like crazy. A few months later I put ceramics back on and haven't had any problems since. |
|
| Author: | mikey [ Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Good question Corwynn, I suspect they went the cheapest route possible, so yes, I may be swapping again soon too. M. |
|
| Author: | Outback [ Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:33 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I used the green ones on the front and found that they are gradualy "eating" the front disks away 40K so far so I'm not worried. There is a 2nd company making slotted rotors here now so price should come down. Couldn't find the empty pad box with the part number for the front pads the other half probably thought it was junk and tossed it. The back ones I used were Ferrado FDB1660. I both cases the pedal is solid and no noise from the pads. Also used a bit of lithium grease on the bolts. Maybe you need to change the fluid..? |
|
| Author: | mikey [ Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:38 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Or maybe I need to go to a brake specialist rather than the stealership |
|
| Author: | mikey [ Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:38 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Any good brake mobs in Brisvegas??? |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|