LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

geee... everyone must be working real hard today
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=34357
Page 1 of 2

Author:  smorison [ Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:46 am ]
Post subject:  geee... everyone must be working real hard today

.....

Author:  cmohr [ Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:57 am ]
Post subject: 

I have been so far, all by myself now in the digital printing dept, there was two of us now, just me. :cry:

Plus, been over on Ausmini Forum, as I just got my mini back from a dude who was "working" on it for the past 9months. I say "working" as it very loosely discribes what he was doing to it for that long..

Heres a few pics of it before the engine went back in.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

so much to do on it.


Geez Jeeps ....Minis....House........where does the work stop :wink:
Image

Author:  KJ Renegade [ Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:39 am ]
Post subject: 

LOL...nice, my dad used to take me to school in a mini many a moons ago. Loved it :)

As for work...another long day another hard earned $

Author:  CD [ Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:52 am ]
Post subject: 

Work, yes been busy and still have the crap's about my rims :lol:


Those racing tyre's cmohr, they must be great when they warm up on the road.

Author:  Team J.a.G [ Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:40 am ]
Post subject: 

Ahh yes :!: the memories............. :wink:

Author:  MNKK [ Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

That is seriously one cool, cool car. I have regular-ed many car shows, and I can honestly say, I have never seen a Morris, or Austin here in the states.

Author:  cmohr [ Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thanks for the comments Guys, It's my Pride and Joy, I've had it since I was 17, was hoping to have it running onroad very soon, so as I can save about 50 buck worth of petrol a week.

Yes, CD, they are street legal DOT approved race tyres I haven't actually driven the car on them yet, as there is still much to do on the car . They can go 200 miles an hour. The tyres, not the car, I have had the mini at 125 miles an hour on a run up to Willowbank Raceway yrs ago.

MNKK wrote:
That is seriously one cool, cool car. I have regular-ed many car shows, and I can honestly say, I have never seen a Morris, or Austin here in the states.


There are a few minis over there MNKK, I've seen a few there on ebay,

Mine is a 1965 MK1 Cooper "S". 1275cc 4cyl pushing 75bhp. BUT, zero to 60mph in 6.9 secs, engine did use to rev to 9500rpm, this build will probably only max out around 8500. Serioiusly great fun to drive, it is an ex-race car, was bought new and raced for many years here in Australia, then was retired and turned into a show car. Then a street car, then mine. Nothing quite like it, 100 miles an hour, 6500 rpm, engine screeming, 3 inches from rubbing your butt on the road, and 40 yr old brakes :lol:

Author:  Team J.a.G [ Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:17 am ]
Post subject: 

cmohr wrote:
Thanks for the comments Guys, It's my Pride and Joy, I've had it since I was 17, was hoping to have it running onroad very soon, so as I can save about 50 buck worth of petrol a week.

Yes, CD, they are street legal DOT approved race tyres I haven't actually driven the car on them yet, as there is still much to do on the car . They can go 200 miles an hour. The tyres, not the car, I have had the mini at 125 miles an hour on a run up to Willowbank Raceway yrs ago.

MNKK wrote:
That is seriously one cool, cool car. I have regular-ed many car shows, and I can honestly say, I have never seen a Morris, or Austin here in the states.


There are a few minis over there MNKK, I've seen a few there on ebay,

Mine is a 1965 MK1 Cooper "S". 1275cc 4cyl pushing 75bhp. BUT, zero to 60mph in 6.9 secs, engine did use to rev to 9500rpm, this build will probably only max out around 8500. Serioiusly great fun to drive, it is an ex-race car, was bought new and raced for many years here in Australia, then was retired and turned into a show car. Then a street car, then mine. Nothing quite like it, 100 miles an hour, 6500 rpm, engine screeming, 3 inches from rubbing your butt on the road, and 40 yr old brakes :lol:


Yes I remember it well..........It was one of the cars I learnt to drive on, I think I was about 14 or 15 at the time.. a lot of night driving. I remember how well they cornered and the power coming out of the turn. There was a time, because of the power the police had them as pursuit vehicles (Cooper "S". )

Author:  pipeliner [ Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

Well, if you need a hand cmohr I reckon I can still remember how to strip down and rebuild a Series A motor. Not that I ever owned a Mini, but I had three Morris Minor vans followed by an Austin Healey Sprite Mk 1.

Author:  cmohr [ Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

Team J.a.G wrote:
cmohr wrote:
Thanks for the comments Guys, It's my Pride and Joy, I've had it since I was 17, was hoping to have it running onroad very soon, so as I can save about 50 buck worth of petrol a week.

Yes, CD, they are street legal DOT approved race tyres I haven't actually driven the car on them yet, as there is still much to do on the car . They can go 200 miles an hour. The tyres, not the car, I have had the mini at 125 miles an hour on a run up to Willowbank Raceway yrs ago.

MNKK wrote:
That is seriously one cool, cool car. I have regular-ed many car shows, and I can honestly say, I have never seen a Morris, or Austin here in the states.


There are a few minis over there MNKK, I've seen a few there on ebay,

Mine is a 1965 MK1 Cooper "S". 1275cc 4cyl pushing 75bhp. BUT, zero to 60mph in 6.9 secs, engine did use to rev to 9500rpm, this build will probably only max out around 8500. Serioiusly great fun to drive, it is an ex-race car, was bought new and raced for many years here in Australia, then was retired and turned into a show car. Then a street car, then mine. Nothing quite like it, 100 miles an hour, 6500 rpm, engine screeming, 3 inches from rubbing your butt on the road, and 40 yr old brakes :lol:


Yes I remember it well..........It was one of the cars I learnt to drive on, I think I was about 14 or 15 at the time.. a lot of night driving. I remember how well they cornered and the power coming out of the turn. There was a time, because of the power the police had them as pursuit vehicles (Cooper "S". )


Yep Police had them, Remember, when these came out, they won Bathurst 2 years in a row Outright!!! Over the big V8's in the Fords and Holdens.. These ar every fast cars.....They are Legendary. Even today, one of those turbo Japanese things would still find it tough to try and beat it.

pipeliner wrote:
Well, if you need a hand cmohr I reckon I can still remember how to strip down and rebuild a Series A motor. Not that I ever owned a Mini, but I had three Morris Minor vans followed by an Austin Healey Sprite Mk 1.


A+ Series in Mine :lol: :lol: . Engine is a goer, and I don't want to pull it apart in a hurry :lol: bits are a million dollars each these days and rarer than hens teeth.

You'll have to pop around and have a squizz at the little bugger one day.


Oh the fun I will have.

Author:  pipeliner [ Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yes, that motor ('A' Series) started life around 1952 as an 803cc OHV 4 in the Austin A30 - by the time it had got bored out to 1275cc they had to stagger the bores as there wouldn't have been enough room for the water jackets if the bores had been in line!

It was produced up until 1980, and the A+ until 2000, so it just missed its Golden anniversary - not bad for what started life as a very basic piece of machinery.

Author:  cmohr [ Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

WHAT???????
LOST not good enough to worry about changing your avatar Chris :lol: :lol: :lol:

Author:  pipeliner [ Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:26 am ]
Post subject: 

Oh well, since you insist.

Author:  CD [ Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:10 am ]
Post subject: 

Pipeliner, is that an old photo of you as your aviator?

Author:  Team J.a.G [ Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:15 am ]
Post subject: 

CD wrote:
Pipeliner, is that an old photo of you as your aviator?


NO :!: NO :!: CD.......... I'm sure that is a current photo :?: :roll: Itn't it Chris :?: :wink:

Author:  cmohr [ Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:15 am ]
Post subject: 

CD wrote:
Pipeliner, is that an old photo of you as your aviator?


Oh MY!!!! I hope so!!!


Its a CRACKER :lol:

Author:  Team J.a.G [ Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:28 am ]
Post subject: 

Team J.a.G wrote:
CD wrote:
Pipeliner, is that an old photo of you as your aviator?


NO :!: NO :!: CD.......... I'm sure that is a current photo :?: :roll: Isn't it Chris :?: :wink:


Hey Liz.. Do you know this man :?: :P

Author:  pipeliner [ Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:53 am ]
Post subject: 

CD wrote:
Pipeliner, is that an old photo of you as your aviator?


1. Well it certainly isn't a new photo of me - I haven't had that much hair for decades.

2. I have never had a pilot's licence, so it can't be a photo of me as an aviator.

3. It's not as old as the one I'm using on AJOR at present!

Author:  smorison [ Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:57 am ]
Post subject: 

pipeliner wrote:
Oh well, since you insist.



i was going to post a pic... but then thought better of it.

lol

Author:  pipeliner [ Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:04 am ]
Post subject: 

If you want an even older photo, plus one of Cmohr's mini's big brother, here's one of my Dad and me in 1963, just after Dad had bought a Morris 1100.

Image

That's what I learned to drive in. Anyone who even thinks "That explains a lot" will be banished from my memoirs!

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/