LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Let your trailer tyres down too!
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=34777
Page 1 of 1

Author:  pipeliner [ Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:25 am ]
Post subject:  Let your trailer tyres down too!

Did you camper trailer people know that Staun also sell sets of 6 deflaters, 4 set at 18psi for the 4by and 2 set at 22psi for the trailer?

Neither did I till the other day when I bought a set off eBay. So I now have 10 of the da*n things. Do I keep them all so I can have them preset at two different pressures, or is some lucky Fraser traveller going to make me an offer I can't refuse?

Author:  cmohr [ Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:52 am ]
Post subject: 

Hmmm...... Quite the cunnumm cunum cunnummdrummm conumdum ............Problem..


What to do...what to do????

Author:  pipeliner [ Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:55 am ]
Post subject: 

I think the word you're searching for is "carborundum".

Author:  Hutch [ Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Let your trailer tyres down too!

pipeliner wrote:
Did you camper trailer people know that Staun also sell sets of 6 deflaters, 4 set at 18psi for the 4by and 2 set at 22psi for the trailer?

Neither did I till the other day when I bought a set off eBay. So I now have 10 of the da*n things. Do I keep them all so I can have them preset at two different pressures, or is some lucky Fraser traveller going to make me an offer I can't refuse?


That is interesting, you normally would run trailer at lower pressure to get the same foot print, as the trailer is lighter.

Author:  pipeliner [ Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

My trailer weighs (fully laden) around 1500kg on two tyres, the Jeep is around 2T on four - and the trailer tyres are bigger anyway as they couldn't match Jeep wheels over their brakes.

Author:  smorison [ Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

they're preset now????

darn mine i constantly have to check and make sure they're still going to the right pressures... (always done before sandy trips)


6 is a really good idea ;) 10... well that's just excessive lol

Author:  Hutch [ Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:04 am ]
Post subject: 

pipeliner wrote:
My trailer weighs (fully laden) around 1500kg on two tyres, the Jeep is around 2T on four - and the trailer tyres are bigger anyway as they couldn't match Jeep wheels over their brakes.


We will test this theory on fraser, see how you go

Author:  CD [ Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:10 am ]
Post subject: 

BARSTARDS.... :D

Author:  pipeliner [ Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:58 am ]
Post subject: 

CD wrote:
BARSTARDS.... :D


Hey, if you hadn't spent all that money making your Jeep ready to come to Fraser you would have been able to come, so don't swear at us.......................................................

.................................something wrong with my logic there, I think.

Author:  CD [ Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

pipeliner wrote:
CD wrote:
BARSTARDS.... :D


Hey, if you hadn't spent all that money making your Jeep ready to come to Fraser you would have been able to come, so don't swear at us.......................................................

.................................something wrong with my logic there, I think.


:lol:

Was not just to be ready for Fraser but also to be road legal.. that's sort of important .. in it's own way. No point in me driving my family around in a car, jeep whatever that can have insurance knocked back due to not being road worthy. IMO it's money well spent, just got unlucky with the 1st engineer.

But, yes your all a bunch of lucky buggers and I wish I could go more than you know.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/