LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Busy Sunday
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=35371
Page 1 of 1

Author:  pipeliner [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Busy Sunday

Busy working day last Sunday. Firstly we changed out the boomerang on cmohr's Jeep - and I have never seen so many jacks being used in such strange places!
Image
The manual says to remove the mounting bracket from the diff, and that would have made it easier to align the diff ball joint - what the manual fails to state is that access to two of the three bolts is blocked by the harmonic balancer bolted on the front of the diff.
Image
So cmohr elected to leave all that in place and persuade the ball joint into the socket by judicious application of force (using the jacks) combined with gently tapping the housing with a Birmingham screwdiver (hammer to the uninitiated) to overcome the friction - and it worked a treat.

Next job was installing a clevis lift and rear spacers on Team J.a.G's KJ, which was done in double quick time as cmohr has done several of these before and knew all the shortcuts.

Meanwhile Fouros was installing a new power supply to the rear luggage space to power the fridge he's acquired for Fraser and the Jamboree.

Then finally cmohr changed his oil and tyres to be ready for Fraser.

And what did I do? Just generally hung around getting in the way and offering superfluous advice!

Thanks to J (of Team J.a.G) for the pumpkin soup for lunch.

Author:  CD [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

Any pics guy's?

Author:  pipeliner [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

Not one - we were all FAR too busy to think about taking photos. The fact that I forgot to take my camera has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Author:  Fouros [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

you forgot to mention setting a set of stauns as well

Author:  Team J.a.G [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

I don't know about anyone else but I think I'll need the rest of the week to get over all this pyshical work. e.g getting up with the birds, driving up to Brissy, lying under cars, passing spanners, jacking up jacks, driving home from Brissy .......I'm obsolutely buggered :P :roll: Or is it that I'm just too old for it :?: :!: :lol:

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/