LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Giving up on AJOR
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=37060
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Glend [ Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:28 am ]
Post subject:  Giving up on AJOR

I admit they have gotten to me. I'm going to stop posting over there, the negativity and SFA gang attacks are destroying good communication and the sharing of info and experiences related to the KJ series.

Author:  Fouros [ Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:36 am ]
Post subject: 

that is why there is LOST glen

Author:  corwyyn [ Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:59 am ]
Post subject: 

Just do yourself a favor and never, ever post on jeepsunlimited.com, cuz all you'll get is unlimited (get it?) grief over your choice of 4WD vehicle.

Or was that jeepforum.com? One of the two...

Stick with LOST and JKJ - much friendlier bunch of folks all around 8)

Author:  cmohr [ Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

Glen, don't be too disheartened by the whole thing, there are a few imbos over there that just don't get it, there are others that are just followerers and would know whats what and just follow to keep in with the others to be part of something, and then there are a few guys just having a laugh with us , no maice intended. THey are actually making fun of the other guys.

In that thread I'm unconcerned about the comments because the guys making them aren't being real about it, they are just joking. Jimmy just gets a bit annoyed about the plugs for Stu because he gets grief form paying advertisers that are paying to be there. Without paying advertisers AJOR and sites like here at LOST would not exist in the format we know and love.

If you give up completely you let the 2 or three complete wankers win, and if we had all just completely left the site, there would have been no-one there to greet you and let you and other new KJ Australian on there about our little safe haven here.

I my self have had "heated" arguements with imbos there who have even been so gutless that they sign up under another name to say things that they are too girly to say under their own login, that just lets you know the type of person you are dealing with and worrying yourself about , its worth the time of day. If you bit back, that only rewards them, and they keep going.


Best thing to do is just ignore it, they loose interest and move on. There is still lots of reasons to be on AJOR, I'm ther for one, But I post heaps anf talk to most here. Stop by there, support those who need the suport, and then head over here.


Don't deprive yourself and others, because for someone else.

Author:  Glend [ Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:55 pm ]
Post subject:  I hear you

Thanks Cmohr, I hear what your saying and much of it I agree with, but constantly trying to determine which particular game is being played (including the spoofing of new people to try and get people) is draining and not what I signed up for. Take Red-agent as an example, I took that one at face value, because that's the way I am, and after awhile it became obvious it was a CoreScrew spoof to get to the KJs. Paranoid I now am ( to quote Yoda). I agree that there is value hidden in the muck and I will continue to listen, but speak rarely if at all. I'll do my talking here.

Author:  smorison [ Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:09 am ]
Post subject: 

Glen,
just ignore the w.a.n.k.e.r.s and thank the lord that you have a comfortable, nice car with windows that work and aircon :) remember they can't afford such luxury!

we all float between the sites so we'll track you down somewhere ;)

Author:  Fouros [ Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:18 am ]
Post subject: 

i wouldnt say they cant afford a KJ steve you should see how much they pay for thier mods :shock: ,

its more the KJ doesnt fit into thier idea of a (real)4x4, which is Solid axles each end, If they dont like it they dont have to buy one,

one thing for sure the more thay bag the KJ, KK the more a tight knit group of Jeepers will be formed

I love my KJ it gets me to where I want to go comfortably

Author:  pipeliner [ Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:23 am ]
Post subject: 

I'm still not sure about Red-Agent. After the first few posts I got a PM from her, thanking me for the advice. She says that she has just moved from Cairns to Mt Isa - I've no way of knowing if this is true, but 4 PM's so far seems over the top for a CoreCrew wind-up. And the questions asked aren't totally out of court for a girl who's just bought her first 4wd and is flush with mining town money.

I reserve judgement - and will make sure I'm not put upon!

Author:  smorison [ Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:29 am ]
Post subject: 

pipeliner wrote:
She says that she has just moved from Cairns to Mt Isa, but 4 PM's so far the questions asked aren't totally out of court for a girl who's just bought her first 4wd and is flush with mining town money.


Pipes: aren't you a bit old to be flirting with a young lady ;)

Fouros: i know :) i was just making a benign point didnt' really want it taken too literally.

Author:  pipeliner [ Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:43 am ]
Post subject: 

You're only as old as the woman you feel.....................................

............and I look in the mirror and think "Who is that fat old fart?" I know inside I'm no older than cmohr!!!!

Author:  Glend [ Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:29 am ]
Post subject:  Age, KJs & Red

I guarantee I'm older than you guys, coming up on 59. Agree that the KJ is the best 'compromise' Jeep, I can travel in my leather seated, sunroofed, air conded comfort over long distances (fairly economically) towing my boat or camper, and still do enough offroad to keep me happy. As I have to make do with one vehicle it will do me. My son has an 08 JK Unlimited CRD (I think the only Jeep Green one in Oz), and I've had a drive in it off road and on, and it is a nice ride but it has sort of compromised the other way. Can't see it as a family car although my dog liked riding around in it with the roof off. Red PM'd me a couple of times as well.

Author:  CD [ Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:45 am ]
Post subject: 

Yep, it's a funny forum. I've had my good day's and bad, I've done some real sledging back and loads of fun sledging. I've met a few of the NSW guy's and they seem different than what's on line but they still play the games. I for one seem to like to take the bait and have a play but that's about it, probably why I don't post a great deal over on ATJOR.

Blut like I said on the forum, sledging is fun and if not taken to heart we can all have a good laugh.

Author:  cmohr [ Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:11 am ]
Post subject: 

pipeliner wrote:
You're only as old as the woman you feel.....................................

............and I look in the mirror and think "Who is that fat old fart?" I know inside I'm no older than cmohr!!!!



And hes REAL OLD :P


And don't go just thinking its corecrew, I don't think theyd bother with the pretence, I got a PM too, an dthat seems to be the case with most of the names on ajor. I'll wait to see some pics. Then I'll say, hold todays paper in one hand an da string of sausages in the other an dget someone to take a pic of you and your KJ infront of your towns "welcome" sign...


Thats what I had to do to prove who I was :lol: Don't know why I had to wear watermelons on my feet for though :?

Author:  palla [ Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:45 am ]
Post subject: 

Ive been away for a while looks like Ive missed out on some goings on.....

Im a little sad that I havent been PM'd but this young lady, I feel left out, oh well you get that in the oil patch.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/